Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dire stuff. We don't look like creating, ever. Personnel and tactics is all wrong.

People are deluded if they think this team can finish top two.  This game resembles two bang average Championship teams playing some pretty turgid stuff.

Wolves have no threat whatsoever. Their goal was comical from a defensive point of view.

8 minutes ago, G said:

It was defo coming.  I don't think we look to bad COYR

How on earth was that coming?

We've been bl00dy awful. Two shots, both from long range. Passing, touch, control, tempo all non existent.

We're lucky we are playing a shocking team and we're lucky to have a moment of skill from the free kick.

Johnson hasn't been that bad. In fact, he's had nothing to do. I can't remember any time during that game where we got the ball into his feet in the final third.

He's not a winger as he will never carry the ball. I don't blame him for being totally non-existent, I blame the pointless decision in playing him at LW.

I could see the logic if he comes inside, gets in the box and looks to get on the end of crosses.

But we've barely attacked and crossed the ball either. It's slow, turgid passing before losing it.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I can't see how they've bossed it 

Don't think it's been too bad. Sloppy in key places but 1-1 seems fair to me.

Still can't see what Russell brings. Cyrus crossing is always crap. 

Doing alright though

We are not bossing it either.Just to remind you we are 5th,they are 15th.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

How on earth was that coming?

We've been bl00dy awful. Two shots, both from long range. Passing, touch, control, tempo all non existent.

We're lucky we are playing a shocking team and we're lucky to have a moment of skill from the free kick.

It was coming as we have had 60% of the ball and 66% of the shots on goal have been on target. Ok it's not all about stats but we let a awful goal in but did not give up. How about some praise for the positives. 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Johnson hasn't been that bad. In fact, he's had nothing to do. I can't remember any time during that game where we got the ball into his feet in the final third.

He's not a winger as he will never carry the ball. I don't blame him for being totally non-existent, I blame the pointless decision in playing him at LW.

I could see the logic if he comes inside, gets in the box and looks to get on the end of crosses.

But we've barely attacked and crossed the ball either. It's slow, turgid passing before losing it.

All the balls to the front players are hopeful balls hoping a Derby player can get first to it.

13 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Yeah ya moaning bunch of fukkers, have some of that

Thanks to Martin's moment of brilliance, we leveled.

I was hoping to see the "one-touch stuff going forward" that excited Wassall so much that he had to use exuberant words like "delighted" and "excellent" repeatedly in his interview... and I was disappointed. It was awful. 

Archived