Whatever you think of him. Thank God for Mel

The_Sheriff

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I know i should probably know this but whats our circumstances? 6m owed for the stadium otherwise debt free?

Could come in handy to know this when talking to some red dog 'acquaintances' later

I believe that MM paid off the mortgage of £15m and that is owed to him.

Not sure if any further cash injections have been in the form of debt or equity.

3 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

If mel likes attacking football with little end product, and a very open way of playing to the point we arent defending as a team, then good luck to him.

All I know is we wont keep as many clean sheets playing "the derby way"

A clean sheet first mentality is exactly what he doesn't want though isn't it? Because if that's what we try and do in the Premiership, Aguero and Lukaku will be laughing. He wants a sustainable style, and slowly but surely, to me at least, we look to be finding our groove again.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment (thank god we're not Forest), the fact we were largely debt free at the last time of filing accounts is largely down to the previous ownership.

They turned our debt into shares (no bad thing to do) .... which they then sold to Mel.  

Mel bought the shares, but was effectively paying for prior debts and I would imagine a premium to the previous owners who had carried the risk of running a cash consuming business. 

Archived