Whatever you think of him. Thank God for Mel

The_Sheriff

7 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Can we keep genocidal imaginary beings out of forum titles? Thank his parents for having him if you must and science for getting him through childhood without dying of some disease we had no answer for a hundred years ago.

Ta

While I don't necessarily disagree with your point of view, how can he be genocidal if he's imaginary?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

While I don't necessarily disagree with your point of view, how can he be genocidal if he's imaginary?

Of course, was ranting and dribbling a little and didn't check what I was writing

So, the genocidal bit was nonsense in this case of being imaginary.

But if not imaginary, why would anyone choose to follow a genocidal homophobic misogynistic being who sulks and burns you if you don't love him.

Btw- did you know Dan Walker, the BBC sport guy is a creationist who thinks the earth is only 6000 years old?

Anyway, moving on!

Ray Trew has stepped down as chairman of Notts County and has announced that the League Two club is for sale.

Trew became owner and chairman in 2010 but said he made the decision after his family were subjected to "foul and mindless abuse" in recent days.

Notts, who appointed Jamie Fullarton as manager in January, are 16th in League Two having been relegated last season.

"It is with very mixed emotions that I announce the end of my tenure," Trew wrote in an open letter to fans. 

"This is not me backing away from a challenge, I do not do that and, indeed, if I'd have wanted to I would have done so some time ago because it has been a difficult journey at times.

"However, when my family are subjected to the kind of foul, mindless abuse that they have been in recent days, both in person and courtesy of the oh so brave keyboard warriors, regardless of whether this is just the minority ruining it for the larger supporter base, I have to make changes."

----

Be careful what you wish for Mel-haters, be careful what you wish for.

14 hours ago, blackNwhites said:

They're £149m in debt, aren't they? £82m net debt plus £67m debt to Fawaz.

14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think the £82m includes debt owed to Fawaz

Are you sure?

"...although the club's net debt has risen to £82m from £52m."

"...The club's debt owed to the Al Hasawi family, who control the club, has also risen, increasing to £67m from £37m"

52 to 82 is a difference of 30, as is 37 to 67 but then you have to factor in the 21.5m loss as well?  

Maybe the articles just worded badly.

On another note, reading the LTLF reaction to this it seems that Forest's wage bill is £9m higher than their turnover. That's pretty incredible. 

45 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Ray Trew has stepped down as chairman of Notts County and has announced that the League Two club is for sale.

Trew became owner and chairman in 2010 but said he made the decision after his family were subjected to "foul and mindless abuse" in recent days.

Notts, who appointed Jamie Fullarton as manager in January, are 16th in League Two having been relegated last season.

"It is with very mixed emotions that I announce the end of my tenure," Trew wrote in an open letter to fans. 

"This is not me backing away from a challenge, I do not do that and, indeed, if I'd have wanted to I would have done so some time ago because it has been a difficult journey at times.

"However, when my family are subjected to the kind of foul, mindless abuse that they have been in recent days, both in person and courtesy of the oh so brave keyboard warriors, regardless of whether this is just the minority ruining it for the larger supporter base, I have to make changes."

----

Be careful what you wish for Mel-haters, be careful what you wish for.

Exxxxxxxaaaaaaccccttttllllyyyyyy.,

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Am I the only one who thinks this whole "Derby way" thing is being misinterpreted? As in its not that much to do with style of play directly so much as the way the whole club works towards success, and Clement's problem was he only cared about getting up this season so he could sod off to a better job?

We've had ridiculously long discussions in which many of us have tried to explain that loads of people are misinterpreting the whole "Derby Way" thing but it falls on deaf ears. It's not even like it's some cryptic thing that only some have worked out. All you had to do was read more of the articles than the headlines. 

47 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Are you sure?

"...although the club's net debt has risen to £82m from £52m."

"...The club's debt owed to the Al Hasawi family, who control the club, has also risen, increasing to £67m from £37m"

52 to 82 is a difference of 30, as is 37 to 67 but then you have to factor in the 21.5m loss as well?  

Maybe the articles just worded badly.

On another note, reading the LTLF reaction to this it seems that Forest's wage bill is £9m higher than their turnover. That's pretty incredible. 

Positive, I have looked at the accounts.

My favourite extract being:-

"In 2014 the club entered into an agreement to charge companies controlled by the Al Hasawi family £1.1m for sponsorship of the club shirt and certain sponsorship areas around the stadium. Subsequent to the date of filing the 2014 accounts the agreement was cancelled..."

2 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

My brother went to school with our melvin

You can't just say that.

you've got to come up with some gossip or anecdote.

like the time the school team lost and mel marched into the headmasters office and gave him a bollocking.

or the time when mel banned sausage from the school dinners

that sort of thing.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You can't just say that.

you've got to come up with some gossip or anecdote.

like the time the school team lost and mel marched into the headmasters office and gave him a bollocking.

or the time when mel banned sausage from the school dinners

that sort of thing.

Apparently he's rather "gifted". Other sausages just don't compare

Archived