Starting to think Wassall is the man for us .

Curtains

Forums are great when you're winning or doing at least as well as expected, when you're losing or underachieving though it's just painful. I'm as bad as anyone. Proper moody ****** when we lose. When it gets too bad I leave it alone for a bit. TSP...if you are having a sneaky peak...come back, we're on the up! (Until tomorrow afternoon if we've got turned over at Wolves and it's all doom and gloom again!)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I just wonde whether we'll end up cutting our losses on Johnson, unless we appoint a manager who wants to play 4-4-2 with Johnson on the left.

If 4-3-3 continues to be The Derby Way, then our best balanced midfield is:

Hendrick/Bryson     Thorne/Hanson.    Hughes/Butterfield

This absolutely. 

1 tackler,  1 creator /passer and 1 runner/finisher. The best balance by far.

Sometimes a team will play into your hands and you can adjust. Eg the forest 5-0. They played 2 cdms very deep. We played one cdm who could pass  (George ) and 2 runners  (bryso and mjeff). But those fortunate circumstances are rare. When we tried to repeat that midfield feat a year later we looked stupid as they too turned up with runners that could tackle.

Our management surely should be making sure we have enough bench flexibility to adapt.

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Beating Cardiff at home, Rotherham, Bristol city 4-0 (was there not enough goals for you?), Huddersfield away just off the top of my head were all good displays.  I suppose it depends what you mean by attacking though, do you believe that the last two home games have been decent and better than what we have been use to, or are you comparing us against the Mclaren days?

There have been some good halves. Birmingham away? Even Burnley away first half we were creative and forceful before shacks and keogh decided to have a collective brain freeze ☺

Get him gone. He is out of his depth! 

THIS SEASON IS NOT OVER MEL STOP TREATING IT LIKE IT IS! 

a quarter of the season left to go and this season is going to whimper out just like the last! We have gone backwards in the last 12 months and Wassall cannot make the big decisions needed to manage us. 

3 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Don't think he wants to come back but perhaps Paul Simpson would be?

Hire the inexperienced Clement. Sack the inexperienced Clement. Replace him with the inexperienced Wassall. Sack the inexperienced Wassall. Replace him with the inexperienced Simpson.

Something tells me that wouldn't work out too well.

Get a manager in capable of sorting us out. Wassalls had four games which isn't many but zero improvement has been seen. We had 20 minute good spells under Clement, as we did against Brentford and Blackburn in which we were lucky to win. I don't give two ***** about this Derby way ******** this season is the most important season for this football club to make it to the Premier league. Every season three big clubs come down, this season it's looking like three bigger clubs than usual will, the next season three more will come down with excess of 100 million in the bank we could be stuck in this league for many more years if we're not careful. Get promoted then worry about the football afterwards. If have another 11 point nightmare season the 160 million we made will set us up for years to come. 

Archived