Spirit of 13/14

wixman1884

10 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

what a big steaming pile of poo.

If you recall the first win under McClaren, Watford away, we put Sammon on as late substitute and it contributed to the winner. Why is it a credit for McClaren to do this, and 'clueless' for Wassall?

You do realise that the game in 90 minutes long? You have the WHOLE 90 minutes to win.

My inner-pedant's compelling me to mention that our first game under McClaren was a 3-1 win over Leeds. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

what a big steaming pile of poo.

If you recall the first win under McClaren, Watford away, we put Sammon on as late substitute and it contributed to the winner. Why is it a credit for McClaren to do this, and 'clueless' for Wassall?

You do realise that the game in 90 minutes long? You have the WHOLE 90 minutes to win.

And the whole squad. Increasingly it's a 16 man game.

I've started looking forward to the games again, now the pressure is off and we've stopped having stupid expectations I feel more relaxed about games, and just looking at the way we stroked the ball around for the equaliser maybe the players have been told to forget about promotion and enjoy the football. 

Look at the celebration for the 2nd and 3rd goals, I loved the Christie one, all of the fans going mad and the players also, it was a joy to watch, instead of the "we're too good for this league anyway so its no big deal" type celebrations. 

Looking forward to the Blackburn game now :) 

10 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

I've started looking forward to the games again, now the pressure is off and we've stopped having stupid expectations I feel more relaxed about games, and just looking at the way we stroked the ball around for the equaliser maybe the players have been told to forget about promotion and enjoy the football. 

Look at the celebration for the 2nd and 3rd goals, I loved the Christie one, all of the fans going mad and the players also, it was a joy to watch, instead of the "we're too good for this league anyway so its no big deal" type celebrations. 

Looking forward to the Blackburn game now :) 

The derby away fans were brilliant. It was great seeing them celebrating.

12 hours ago, DRBee said:

Great to win on Saturday but this post is ridiculous.

MacClaren's effect on play was instant. We ain't going to get that from Wassall.

Note his completely different approach in his two team selections and the fact that we only got the goals when three substitutions ( credit at least for that) brought on 3 players not thought appropriate at the start.Cue all those texters and posters who posted delight that Martin was dropped.There's no evidence Wassall has any sort of plan., its just random.

KeyboardFaceSmash_zps9984319b.gif

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I try gey people going were i am

Some are so plastic does my head in

Exclusive! B4 reveals he travels the world sampling a variety of gay men who have undergone plastic surgery!

Never a dull moment on this forum

9 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

If only our home support was like that.. back to the "you're useless" rants on Wednesday lol. 

There were a couple who started singing "we are f***ing s***" on saturday to the same approximate tune as "the Derby way" chant.

They soon got shouted down. In fact thought it was going to kick off for a moment as some insults flew back and forth. 

Just wanted to point out that the away crowd are not all good natured positive folk although the great majority I meet are.

I'd suspect that Wassall holds more respect from the players because he was an ex-player himself. Been there, done it.

I don't think Clement ever really played to much of a high standard, did he? Must be hard taking instructions from someone like that, and his reputation being built on being no.2 to successful managers at big clubs. (Cue for endless lists of mediocre players who have become successful managers)

Just now, Phoenix said:

I'd suspect that Wassall holds more respect from the players because he was an ex-player himself. Been there, done it.

I don't think Clement ever really played to much of a high standard, did he? Must be hard taking instructions from someone like that, and his reputation being built on being no.2 to successful managers at big clubs. (Cue for endless lists of mediocre players who have become successful managers)

I'm not sure. I don't think my own sense of entitlement for achieving at an above average level as a player would cause me to have difficulty in showing respect to a man who has spent years coaching players far far better than me. Those players, with the egos we hear so much about, singing his praises. 

There could be lots of reasons things went wrong for PC, maybe players didn't respect him. But if they didn't I doubt it would be because he didn't make it as a player. 

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

There were a couple who started singing "we are f***ing s***" on saturday to the same approximate tune as "the Derby way" chant.

They soon got shouted down. In fact thought it was going to kick off for a moment as some insults flew back and forth. 

Just wanted to point out that the away crowd are not all good natured positive folk although the great majority I meet are.

Yes, and when Martin walked past at half time, good-naturedly clapping to the crowd, there were a couple who replied by booing him, and one who called him a fat c@nt.

How's about that for support!

2 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Yes, and when Martin walked past at half time, good-naturedly clapping to the crowd, there were a couple who replied by booing him, and one who called him a fat c@nt.

How's about that for support!

I missed that but I was at the back of the lower terrace bit.

Makes you wonder why some folk bother.  Such bile and bitterness. I stay in with Mrs hants for that!

5 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Got to admit that I too have the bug, I'm absolutely buzzing at the prospect of losing at Wembley! COYR!!!!

Pints in Eddie's Bar - what's not to love?

Archived