My Fear of the our Summer Transfer List

sage

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Excellent post, sage.

Laudrup for me, if he is interested. Plays proper football. Wassall as assistant? No way could Wassall manage the Rams in the Premiership. Laudrup could attract players easily.

Good shout on Laudrup,  I never really thought of him ! Thought he did a good job and Swansea and they played some lovely football under him !

8 hours ago, R@M said:

Nice to see the wrist slashers have moved on to a new topic after our win.

Really? hardly wrist slashing. No snidey, cynical  posts, just a debate about the biggest ongoing issue at the club

I know I was quite excited at the thought of Weimann and  Johnson coming to the club and I know I wasn't alone.

Now it's like we have known all along that they were poor players.

It may be that we will see the best of them if we put a run of results together.

Look at Chelsea. Two months ago, people were saying their players were rubbish.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I know I was quite excited at the thought of Weimann and  Johnson coming to the club and I know I wasn't alone.

Now it's like we have known all along that they were poor players.

It may be that we will see the best of them if we put a run of results together.

Look at Chelsea. Two months ago, people were saying their players were rubbish.

To be fair I was convinced after 20 minutes at Northampton.

This thread is one of the reasons I'd like Mr Morris to get someone in before the end of the season.  If he has the opportunity to bring a suitable replacement in before, regardless of how DW is doing he should do it.  It's a win-win for the new guy because if we go up, he's a genius, if we don't, it wasn't his fault and it gave him some games to assess the squad.

We signed Bent, Ince, Pearce, Carson & Wiemann before PC even came through the door and only one of them has been a proper success.  We can't afford the time it'll take DW's potential replacement to come in and decide how he wants us to play and who we needs to put his plan into action.  It's going to be a mad summer with having to balance the books in order to cope with a potential embargo, or free up squad space and wages.  Plus Keogh, Christie, Hendrick and Baird will rejoin the squad late due to the Euros. 

After Saturday and the reports of more fluency and increased tempo & togetherness of the players I'm prepared to give DW more time but unless he turns out to be a hybrid of Nigel Adkins and Pochettino I think we're missing a trick in not allowing the new man a good amount of bedding in time.

53 minutes ago, NS said:

I don't see any problems with the squad, there's enough good players to get us promoted. Trouble is that ******** sacked the manager and put his mate in charge.:

Yeh but what does your Labrador think?

On 21 February 2016 at 18:28, tomsdubs said:

Clement needs to take some blame, Mel said he'd back any manager so they had no excuses and Clement signed every transfer off. He signed Blackman on a highlights video but there's so much more to signing a player than that. Attitude, work ethic and personality type surely must be considerations. Are they consistent? Well you could say Blackman isn't, one good run for part of a season. We need a manager who'll take control and make the right decisions, not just go along with suggestions.

I know for a fact football clubs pay a lot of money to have access to videos of every single game of any club of note. 

Id expect anyone signing the player to have seen a lot of that player in whole games rather than highlights. If this is true about clement watching a highlight reel then that's reason enough to get rid. 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I know for a fact football clubs pay a lot of money to have access to videos of every single game of any club of note. 

Id expect anyone signing the player to have seen a lot of that player in whole games rather than highlights. If this is true about clement watching a highlight reel then that's reason enough to get rid. 

He had worked with Blackman at Blackburn as he had Olsson. 

Both are good signings IMO 

Just now, curtains said:

He had worked with Blackman at Blacburn as he had Olsson. 

That maybe so. I was making the statement that any manager who doesn't do his thorough homework on signings should face the sack. I also said IF and it is a big if. I can't believe a manager would work in that way.

Archived