My Fear of the our Summer Transfer List

sage

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

That maybe so. I was making the statement that any manager who doesn't do his thorough homework on signings should face the sack. I also said IF and it is a big if. I can't believe a manager would work in that way.

He didn't. 

Thats not to say he didn't make some mistakes. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

How do you know for sure? (Not suggesting you're wrong just interested in where that insight came from) :)

I listened to his interviews regarding Blackman and Olsson. 

I listened to his interviews regarding Johnson and Butterfield and Shackall and Carson. 

I'm not sure what input he had into the Baird,Bent ,Wiemann and Pearce signings as he had only just arrived from Spain at the time. 

He was on holiday first off before he came . 

Camara is one I'm not sure about either on how much he knew about him. 

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

I listened to his interviews regarding Blackman and Olsson. 

I listened to his interviews regarding Johnson and Butterfield and Shackall and Carson. 

I'm not sure what input he had into the Baird,Bent ,Wiemann and Pearce signings as he had only just arrived from Spain at the time. 

He was on holiday first off before he came . 

Camara is one I'm not sure about either on how much he knew about him. 

Fair enough

Just now, NS said:

Oh sorry weren't we top of the league. Oh my god the Clement Haters just keep on hating.

I'm not hating Clement. It wasn't all his fault.

Are you really happy with a squad that has 5 wide forwards?  All of them left footed?  

7 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm not hating Clement. It wasn't all his fault.

Are you really happy with a squad that has 5 wide forwards?  All of them left footed?  

Look I'm Derby till I die and what you say sounds reasonable but compared to the last two seasons I felt up til Christmas we were solid, dominated every game and accepted by most other Managers as the best team in the league. We hit a slump similar to Brighton  and Boro but our Chairman panicked undermined the Manager by storming the dressing room and then sacked him. Meanwhile Brighton get back on track and Boro still struggle. I worry for the future MM has a big ego and is out of his depth.

1 minute ago, NS said:

Look I'm Derby till I die and what you say sounds reasonable but compared to the last two seasons I felt up til Christmas we were solid, dominated every game and accepted by most other Managers as the best team in the league. We hit a slump similar to Brighton  and Boro but our Chairman panicked undermined the Manager by storming the dressing room and then sacked him. Meanwhile Brighton get back on track and Boro still struggle. I worry for the future MM has a big ego and is out of his depth.

So are you happy with the squad?

Are you happy with our back up/alternatives to Thorne, Martin and Christie?

Were you happy having a reduced attacking threat from left back for 3 months?

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Did a lot of fans say including Mell that it is difficult to get back up for Chris Martin to sit on the bench week in week out. 

Same for Thorne. 

Losing Will and Craig was a blow for Clement from the off. 

He addressed the LB issue by signing Olsson. 

The RB wasn't an issue with Baird at the club but it maybe now. 

50 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I know for a fact football clubs pay a lot of money to have access to videos of every single game of any club of note. 

Id expect anyone signing the player to have seen a lot of that player in whole games rather than highlights. If this is true about clement watching a highlight reel then that's reason enough to get rid. 

Ramsplayer isn't that expensive :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Olsson, Blackman .... Two out three.

Losing Christie didn't stop us getting top of the league

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

Fair enough but he had contacts at Blackburn and that's how it works in football and he was their player of the season last season. 

I didn't say I thought it was a bad signing, actually thought it was a good signing and was my motm against mkd, just pointing out that I don't think PC knew him before he signed.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

I didn't say I thought it was a bad signing, actually thought it was a good signing and was my motm against mkd, just pointing out that I don't think PC knew him before he signed.

Yea that's fair enough I realized that  and i was probably factually incorrect on that one .

Just watching the Arsenal vs Barca game it's a bit like chess at the moment  

Archived