My Fear of the our Summer Transfer List

sage

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 18:10, sage said:

i guess this season could go one of 3 ways. 

Wassall looks like he may take us up and manages it. At this point he stays on.

Wassall looks like he may take us up but we go out in the play offs. At this point he may stay on. It may depend who else is available.

Wassall looks like he won't take us up and it's confirmed we miss out on the play offs over the last few games.

During this period of time, who is in charge of out transfer policy?

Under Evans there was the fabled list of 10 players for each position, which if still in existence would have to be duplicated with a list of those we might get if we got promoted. However when will someone be in a position to start the ball rolling. I know the policy is complicated by by promotion conundrum but the uncertainty about the Head Coach position makes it a potential minefield.

I presume we won't be getting any loans in this season, so that shouldn't be an issue, but if we are looking at players who are out of contract in the summer, those discussions should have started already.  

My concern is the prospect of either someone in the club (Rush?) lining up generic players, Wassall asking for players he may never manage or waiting for a potential replacement Head Coach having to entering a window quicker than Tyrone Mears.

The other fear I have is will we have a repeat of the last 2 windows of a panicky, no excuses policy with little thought towards the balance of the team/squad. We don't want a story of a Mum (MM) giving a 6 yr old (Clement) huge supply of ingredients to make a cake then return to the kitchen an hour later to say 'My, what a mess you have made'.

If you think that all sounds scary then double it as we probably need to sell/release anything between 5-10 players. Who is making those decisions?

Strap yourself in and try not to think beyond the next 90 minutes.       

Love the Tyrone Mears/ window analogy.It gave a whole new meaning to the "transfer window".

On 21 February 2016 at 18:28, tomsdubs said:

Clement needs to take some blame, Mel said he'd back any manager so they had no excuses and Clement signed every transfer off. He signed Blackman on a highlights video but there's so much more to signing a player than that. Attitude, work ethic and personality type surely must be considerations. Are they consistent? Well you could say Blackman isn't, one good run for part of a season. We need a manager who'll take control and make the right decisions, not just go along with suggestions.

I still don't get that response from Mel when asked why he let Clement spend so much money " SO THEY HAVE NO EXCUSES " ?. 

So tell me when running his business interests does he let a manager working for him spend £25 million just so if he's not successful & Mel decides to sack him " THEY HAVE NO EXCUSES ".

it seems a rather expensive way of running a business to me & just proving a point.

Well what do I know, Mel must know what he's doing ?.

Archived