Jacob Butterfield appreciation thread. Sponsored by Warren Hobhead

Mostyn6

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

@Warren Hobhead politely asked me to post this.

Interestingly, Butterfield scored highly in the vote recently which asked fans to predict who would be the next player to have a storming game.

Do you think Butterfield is one of the top players in the squad?

Is there more to come?

I get right grief from buddies when I'm gushing over Butters. I love him. But I didn't want to post this because soon he'll put a restraining order on me! And now you've linked me to it anyway, Mostyn. Grrrr. Oh well. It was fun JB while it lasted. I'll now stop waiting outside your plush apartment hoping to catch you smile. :D:wub:

In all honesty I saw it on twitter earlier but I can't post links for some reason.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DCFCArmy said:

Ince and Butters are the best signings we made

If someone could just sort out Ince's attitude and get him interested again we'd have the best player in this league. 

I would say Ince is potentially our best signing but so far he's proving to be one of our worst. I wouldn't say he has an attitude problem (unlike his dad), it's more a case of him getting downhearted too easily - his shoulders drop and you can see the confidence drain out from him. 

Like Martin, he urgently needs to get a couple of goals under his belt and I reckon we'd see a transformation compared with how he's performed in the last 7 or 8 games but, again as with Martin, how much longer can we leave it before trying other options up front?

1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I get right grief from buddies when I'm gushing over Butters. I love him. But I didn't want to post this because soon he'll put a restraining order on me! And now you've linked me to it anyway, Mostyn. Grrrr. Oh well. It was fun JB while it lasted. I'll now stop waiting outside your plush apartment hoping to catch you smile. :D:wub:

In all honesty I saw it on twitter earlier but I can't post links for some reason.

You need to ask for discretion next time :lol:

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I would say Ince is potentially our best signing but so far he's proving to be one of our worst. I wouldn't say he has an attitude problem (unlike his dad), it's more a case of him getting downhearted too easily - his shoulders drop and you can see the confidence drain out from him. 

Like Martin, he urgently needs to get a couple of goals under his belt and I reckon we'd see a transformation compared with how he's performed in the last 7 or 8 games but, again as with Martin, how much longer can we leave it before trying other options up front?

He needs an arm round him, its no good leaving him to fend for himself because he's not that sort of person who can deal it, he pretends to be all that when he scores (the cup eared celebration) but like you say he's down at the moment and he needs a hug and some encouragement, problem is we've got Keogh who spends most of his time ranting at his troops, and our troops aren't the sort that require ranting at when the chips are down (ala Christie and Ince)

And aye if neither find a goal soon then its only normal their dropped, you can't carry someone for too long unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

I'm not buying on Butterfield. I think he's a solid player nothing special. Not a Bryson not a Hughes but s capable fill in. He can shoot has a nice touch and can pass. But He's too slow, can't tackle that well (note it was his sloppy lunge which led to the MK Dons free kick). But The biggest prob with him that I see is that he doesn't show enough for the ball so he's part of a big problem we have where the attacking mid players (including hendrick) make a pass and hide. I know Bradley Fighting Vehicle is out of form and out of favour on here, but he's a far stronger player. Pace power etc just needs to make his passes better. 

Ninos you talk too much sense m8 

If only Butterfield would roll his socks down and get rid of the shinpads, he could be the next Trevor Hebbard. 

If you're not of the vintage, then check out Graham Richards commentary. Cracked it like a bullet. For me, he was that good and so is Butterfield. Grafters with guile. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLC93FED1145C1ED1F&v=i-iAInAOO6c

Check out the crosser. Mr Mel Sage - the quintessential under-rated footballer (not by me anyway).

And... If you want to see the best away kit ever, keep watching those vids for the Umbro blue chequers. 

Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

If only Butterfield would roll his socks down and get rid of the shinpads, he could be the next Trevor Hebbard. 

If you're not of the vintage, then check out Graham Richards commentary. Cracked it like a bullet. For me, he was that good and so is Butterfield. Grafters with guile. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLC93FED1145C1ED1F&v=i-iAInAOO6c

Check out the crosser. Mr Mel Sage - the quintessential under-rated footballer (not by me anyway).

And... If you want to see the best away kit ever, keep watching those vids for the Umbro blue chequers. 

:wub:

Archived