Mail online says Paul Ince taking bigger role at Derby

Curtains

Can't see any harm in a football expert giving his advice. Hopefully there are many more giving their advice. The club recently appointed three new abassadors to the club. Each of them had a relative amount of success at this and other clubs and I am sure Mel at times asks for their advice. There must be an endless list of people offering advice. What Mel Morris needs to do is use that advice correctly. Pick through it all and use the truely useful bits. Who knows, even the 10 "experts" who went for breakfast yesterday (I'm not having a go, I think it's great that us fans are being given a chance to have our ten pence worth) may have given something for Mel to think over. I certainly wouldn't like to see another wrong appointment at this stage. Take your time Mel and do what's right for "our" club please.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

What outstanding work are you referring to? There's one person responsible for the likes of Hughes Hendrick and Bennett. That person also brought through brayford, che Adams. Since Nigel left the academy has totally dried up.  

Hi Nige.

Great job you are doing back at Burton.

1 hour ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

What outstanding work are you referring to? There's one person responsible for the likes of Hughes Hendrick and Bennett. That person also brought through brayford, che Adams. Since Nigel left the academy has totally dried up.  

Brayford wasn't from the Accademy mate.

Crewe with the James Baily if I remember right.

one worked one didn't.

where Brayford now btw?

oh, zanzala, Rawson, Hanson and Max Lowe anybody?

Im with you Eddie,Honest,knows about big time charlies,tell it like it is involved in youth and professional.football. 

Relates with fans and local community Not looking for the next big payday,loyalty is the key,In 2 years since Derby

F-A-cup semi final at wembley----league cup semi final--Play off semi final,,,A few home truths to a certain mr McCabe,

6 months paid leave,And a poisoned chalice With a club making history,Not many managers would put their neck on the line

When the only way is down,My hat off to him,,His dad would have been proud,football starts from the grassroots,

My best wishes to Burton Albion ,nice to see a smile on Bennetts face again

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Brayford wasn't from the Accademy mate.

Crewe with the James Baily if I remember right.

one worked one didn't.

where Brayford now btw?

oh, zanzala, Rawson, Hanson and Max Lowe anybody?

Brayford came through the burton youth team when Clough was there. Please try to think before you speak.

Let's get this right Hendrick was part of the academy before Nigel arrived Hughes was also part of it at the younger groups before signing in 2011.

They both came under the tutelage  of Wassall before Nigel gave them first team debuts.

The academy was rebuilt by Darren after it was virtually closed down first by wee Billy and Paul Jewell at the time there were justabout no scouts in place at local junior levels.This has been put back in place by Darren and his team.

On 2/14/2016 at 22:03, Rammy1 said:

Paul ince  would be a disaster. DCFC seems like its a job for the boys. 

Only if you believe the garbage printed in the national press, which it seems more Derby fans are likely to do than believe anything coming out of the club!

But to ease people worries.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-advisory-role-Manchester-United/story-28736944-detail/story.html

Derby County: No Rams 'advisory role' for former Manchester United and Liverpool star Paul Ince

By Derbysport  |  Posted: February 15, 2016

By Steve Nicholson

• 12691719-large.jpg

Paul Ince (left) with former Derby boss Paul Clement and Sky Sports presenter Scott Minto

VIEW GALLERY

Comments (11)

A REPORT saying former England international Paul Ince appears to be taking on an advisory role at Derby County is wide of the mark.

A national newspaper reported that the ex-Macclesfield, MK Dons, Blackpool, Blackburn and Notts County manager is becoming an "increasingly influential voice" at Derby.

Ince, the former Manchester United, Liverpool, Inter Milan and West Ham United midfielder, has no such influence at Derby, the Derby Telegraph understands.

He is the father of Rams winger Tom Ince and is a visitor to the iPro Stadium to watch his son play.

Waaaasaaahhhhhh. No smoke without fire is a frequent statement on here. Sometimes I wish that fire would consume the people who write such nonsense and those who accept such stories as 'fact'.

People are idiots

On 2/14/2016 at 15:28, Beagle said:

Let's get this right Hendrick was part of the academy before Nigel arrived Hughes was also part of it at the younger groups before signing in 2011.

They both came under the tutelage  of Wassall before Nigel gave them first team debuts.

The academy was rebuilt by Darren after it was virtually closed down first by wee Billy and Paul Jewell at the time there were justabout no scouts in place at local junior levels.This has been put back in place by Darren and his team.

Sorry Clough put wassell in charge of the academy,and made it separate from the club,so that if a manager was sacked,the academy would not be affected.The tutelage of wassell,was the academy,bringing players from the under 21s,into the first team squad,is the responsibility of the manager,.,Try as one might the facts are since our move onto a Head-Coach,the

,players breaking through from the academy has  dried up,Glad to hear from Boycie ,that  Zanzala--Rawson--Lowe--are breaking into the first team squad Hanson was getting rave reviews for the under 21s in 2013,nice to know that Wassell will

Have the confidence to bring the youth back.into the squad,seems that some very expensive players will take aback seat,

Could this be the derby way

9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I love how the article is basically hearsay with no quotes, or sources of any kind.  What a f**king rag the Mail is...

It' the best source for stories about EU-crazed giant Polish Muslim snakes on benefits slithering through the Channel Tunnel infecting British snakes with snake-AIDS and you're paying for it.

5 hours ago, trevor1946 said:

Sorry Clough put wassell in charge of the academy,and made it separate from the club,so that if a manager was sacked,the academy would not be affected.The tutelage of wassell,was the academy,bringing players from the under 21s,into the first team squad,is the responsibility of the manager,.,Try as one might the facts are since our move onto a Head-Coach,the

,players breaking through from the academy has  dried up,Glad to hear from Boycie ,that  Zanzala--Rawson--Lowe--are breaking into the first team squad Hanson was getting rave reviews for the under 21s in 2013,nice to know that Wassell will

Have the confidence to bring the youth back.into the squad,seems that some very expensive players will take aback seat,

Could this be the derby way

Correct Wassall was put in place by Nigel  and was part of the decision to make it a separate entity I am not saying it was not and giving people debuts in the first team is the the manager/head coaches job.However once he had Darren took charge of the building once more of it...But getting people too u21 level is the job of the academy and if they get one every couple of years to the first team they are doing fairly well the fall out rate is extremely high.

Up until this year with the likes of Rawson/Zanzala/Lowe being mentioned but not yet having made it, there has probably been a gap in the quality available to promote.If you look under Steve Mac he released lots of the academy/u21 players and bought in what he believed to be better prospects in Calero,Bunjaku,Santos,Roos,Mitchell,Ssewankambo,Koblenz and McDonald to name a few.If any any or all become regular first team players then we have done well.

21 hours ago, Alpha said:

Paul Jewell signed Commons, Hulse and Green. 

Thought I'd join in praising old managers

Don't bother commons,and green signed by Clough one from forest on a free sold ti Celtic e,s.t 300.ooo

Commons,and Green from,Doncaster rovers,To get something to praise Jewel for great effort

3 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Don't bother commons,and green signed by Clough one from forest on a free sold ti Celtic e,s.t 300.ooo

Commons,and Green from,Doncaster rovers,To get something to praise Jewel for great effort

Commons was already here when Clough came as was Green.

Archived