Mail online says Paul Ince taking bigger role at Derby

Curtains

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, angieram said:

I feel that Mr Ince's presence at every match is detrimental to his son's confidence, so why would I want to see that repeated across the team? 

Is this one of those "Ban all parents from the touchline when their precious snowflakes are playing " arguments?

I think Ince Snr is bored out his skull at home and just misses being around football.

what effect will having him hanging around the training pitches have on some younger or older players?

some think he's a legend, after all, he's won a fair bit, may have played for some bigger teams than ours, no?

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Is this one of those "Ban all parents from the touchline when their precious snowflakes are playing " arguments?

Is snowflakes allowed nowadays, thought it might have fallen foul of the PC (not related to our former manager) brigade.

12 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Is snowflakes allowed nowadays, thought it might have fallen foul of the PC (not related to our former manager) brigade.

Why? Snow is just crystallised water.

26 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I think Ince Snr is bored out his skull at home and just misses being around football.

what effect will having him hanging around the training pitches have on some younger or older players?

some think he's a legend, after all, he's won a fair bit, may have played for some bigger teams than ours, no?

Certainly played for some bigger teams and played under some great managers, as you say Boycie, you would have thought that he would be able to use some of that experience And management style to pass on to future generations. 

or perhaps the massive ego that he had as a player prevented him from absorbing that as perhaps he thought that all the success was down to him and not the manager, certainly seems from his own style of management that he was not to successful in passing on anything of any note !

In my own humble opinion of course !

i always remember a story from Jamie red knapp how he insisted that the West Ham apprentices did not make eye contact with him and had to call him the guvnor so hopefully his methods have improved.

hopefully we will not find out.

am I to assume that you take the opposite view and would be happy to see him more involved, as you say some people regard him as a legend! Are you one those ?

12 hours ago, curtains said:

For the love of god  does this individual know anything at all about football,wasn't he the one who was sacked from Blackpool,Notts county and another club,with mumpties like this around our club Mr Morris I Dont see any future at all,grow a pair of balls and get yourself a proper manager,someone who has been succesful,somebody like a certain NIGEL PEARSON.

33 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I assume if you have children, they don't participate in any sports or you've never taken and interest?:thumbsup:

I haven't got any and I am sure if I had that I would have taken a positive interest. 

This isn't a general comment about parents but I dislike the things that Tom Ince himself says about his father's high expectations of him. 

I just don't feel his father's influence on him is a positive one. I could of course be completely wrong but for a young man with such talent I feel his confidence is lower than it should be (and not just lately, when I could understand it.) 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Someone, in all seriousness, told me last night that they had heard that Nigel Pearson was already in place as Derby's manager in everything but name - yesterday's approach 'proved it', and that he had been at Moor Farm 'all week'.

I expect the Mail to run an exclusive on it tomorrow.

God I hope you are right Eddie.

56 minutes ago, Boycie said:

As a player,not as a manager

8 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Ince is better than wassall and Lyons. They should stick to soccer stars. Coaching 8 year old kids is there level. 

Ridiculous.

No matter what happens with Wassall over the course of the next few games, let's not belittle the outstanding work he has done with the U18s and the U21s.

"8 year old kids is their level." Bloody hell. If we have a coach of Wassall's calibre taking the 8 year olds, we must have the next Gaudiola in charge of the U21s....

If Ince senior comes in at least we'd get to see tommy play centrally that would be a small positive.

At this point i would be grateful for any small mercy in an intelligent team selection or formation.

don't play 4-4-2 with 2 lightweight mids

play Hanson when Thorne is out 

put Ince in the middle 

play anyone except Martin or Russell or weimann at striker - bent Blackman and camara Can't be any worse as attackers surely 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Someone, in all seriousness, told me last night that they had heard that Nigel Pearson was already in place as Derby's manager in everything but name - yesterday's approach 'proved it', and that he had been at Moor Farm 'all week'.

I expect the Mail to run an exclusive on it tomorrow.

That is music to my ears if true as that performance yesterday.

They are without doubt the worst opposition I've seen this season and still we can't beat them. 

I've no doubt that Nigel Pearson wouldn't stand for that performance, we need a leader and disciplinarian in our ranks before it's gone to far. 

It appears there are big problems at our club and they need addressing now and not in June. 

10 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Ridiculous.

No matter what happens with Wassall over the course of the next few games, let's not belittle the outstanding work he has done with the U18s and the U21s.

"8 year old kids is their level." Bloody hell. If we have a coach of Wassall's calibre taking the 8 year olds, we must have the next Gaudiola in charge of the U21s....

What outstanding work are you referring to? There's one person responsible for the likes of Hughes Hendrick and Bennett. That person also brought through brayford, che Adams. Since Nigel left the academy has totally dried up.  

1 minute ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

What outstanding work are you referring to? There's one person responsible for the likes of Hughes Hendrick and Bennett. That person also brought through brayford, che Adams. Since Nigel left the academy has totally dried up.  

The U21s could be promoted this season.

What about Hanson, Zanzala, Lowe and Rawson? Has Wassall's coaching been absolutely nothing to do with them either?

Maybe they'd all be in the first team if we didn't have Under 8s coach Wassall running the show.

49 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Certainly played for some bigger teams and played under some great managers, as you say Boycie, you would have thought that he would be able to use some of that experience And management style to pass on to future generations. 

or perhaps the massive ego that he had as a player prevented him from absorbing that as perhaps he thought that all the success was down to him and not the manager, certainly seems from his own style of management that he was not to successful in passing on anything of any note !

In my own humble opinion of course !

i always remember a story from Jamie red knapp how he insisted that the West Ham apprentices did not make eye contact with him and had to call him the guvnor so hopefully his methods have improved.

hopefully we will not find out.

am I to assume that you take the opposite view and would be happy to see him more involved, as you say some people regard him as a legend! Are you one those ?

I remember him giving us a thumbs up while playing for West Ham when we went down there to play them, can't remeber why we were changing his name?

I think the self styled Gov'ner tag is a bit big headed in my opinion.

i respect him for what he's done, but I assume he follows Paul everywhere he goes. Isn't he Tom's agent?

if the club want to involve him because they think he can add something then who am I to argue? I've never had anything to do with training footballers.

ask me an electrical question, and I'll be better qualified. :lol:

Archived