Mail online says Paul Ince taking bigger role at Derby

Curtains

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why .

Tell me why . 

Here's a few reminders

After winning just three games in 17, Ince was sacked on 16 December 2008 after just six months in charge.Ince had been with Blackburn only 177 days, one of the shortest reigns of a Premier League manager.Blackburn fans had been demanding his removal following a 5–3 loss to Manchester United at Old Trafford in the League Cup on 3 December 2008. At the game, the crowd could be heard chanting "You don't know what you're doing" and "We want Incey out" as well as singing the name of their former manager Graeme Souness.

Ince cited his failure at Blackburn Rovers as being due to a lack of financial backing, conditions that were known to Ince at the time of signing for the club.[citation needed] Ince did, however, spend over £10 million on Paul Robinson, Vince Grella and Keith Andrewsregardless of these restrictions.

Ince returned to management on 28 October 2010, signing a three-year deal with Notts County.On 3 April 2011 he left the club by mutual consent after losing a club record nine games in a row, including a 2–0 defeat to relegation rivals Oldham Athletic the day before.

Ince left Blackpool on 21 January 2014, after less than a year in charge, becoming their fourth-shortest-serving manager in their history (40 league games). Under his management, Blackpool won 12 out of 42 games and had not won since 30 November 2013.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

Here's a few reminders

After winning just three games in 17, Ince was sacked on 16 December 2008 after just six months in charge.Ince had been with Blackburn only 177 days, one of the shortest reigns of a Premier League manager.Blackburn fans had been demanding his removal following a 5–3 loss to Manchester United at Old Trafford in the League Cup on 3 December 2008. At the game, the crowd could be heard chanting "You don't know what you're doing" and "We want Incey out" as well as singing the name of their former manager Graeme Souness.

Ince cited his failure at Blackburn Rovers as being due to a lack of financial backing, conditions that were known to Ince at the time of signing for the club.[citation needed] Ince did, however, spend over £10 million on Paul Robinson, Vince Grella and Keith Andrewsregardless of these restrictions.

Ince returned to management on 28 October 2010, signing a three-year deal with Notts County.On 3 April 2011 he left the club by mutual consent after losing a club record nine games in a row, including a 2–0 defeat to relegation rivals Oldham Athletic the day before.

Ince left Blackpool on 21 January 2014, after less than a year in charge, becoming their fourth-shortest-serving manager in their history (40 league games). Under his management, Blackpool won 12 out of 42 games and had not won since 30 November 2013.

Doesn't mean he would fail again does it. 

Brian Clough failed at Leeds right then went on to Forest with Peter Taylor and they believed in miricales 

16 minutes ago, curtains said:

Brian Clough failed at Leeds right then went on to Forest with Peter Taylor and they believed in miricales 

lol it would take more than a miracle for Paul nice to succeed mate, he has failed at Blackburn, Blackpool, mk Dons and Notts county,

he is a much use as a chocolate teapot !

If he became the manager of Derby I would seriously hand my season ticket back in and become an arm chair fan, never never never can he become the manager !

He is one of the few figures in football who I actually do hate, never knows when to call it a day and disappear up his own rectum !

Born to fail

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

lol it would take more than a miracle for Paul nice to succeed mate, he has failed at Blackburn, Blackpool, mk Dons and Notts county,

he is a much use as a chocolate teapot !

If he became the manager of Derby I would seriously hand my season ticket back in and become an arm chair fan, never never never can he become the manager !

He is one of the few figures in football who I actually do hate, never knows when to call it a day and disappear up his own rectum !

Born to fail

image.jpeg

Thats really getting behind DCFC 

Just now, curtains said:

Funny that .

Thats really getting behind DCFC 

Your quote below isn't really a helpful nor constructive comment. I assume you live under a bridge.

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Your quote below isn't really a helpful nor constructive comment. I assume you live under a bridge.

Brian Clough was never as good without Peter Taylor .

Brian Clough gave me some of my best times supporting DCFC .

Im just sayin he failed in his 44 days at Leeds and you know it. 

McClaren failed with England but did ok at Derby right. 

I quite agree with it.  

Its not getting behind Paul ince actually.  I think he would be a mistake. He's bad enough chirping in Tom's ear,  then there's him talking to the press,  giving his opinion on Derby.  He's a really successful player but poor manager we should keep at arms length 

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Paul Ince has been seen at the training ground,

but so have other fathers of players.

daily fail.

Also seen sitting in the directors box directly behind Mel chatting on numerous occasions about thirty feet away from me, so perhaps there is an element of truth but I let's just hope they are chatting about the weather !!

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Just when you think it can't get any worse .

Someone, in all seriousness, told me last night that they had heard that Nigel Pearson was already in place as Derby's manager in everything but name - yesterday's approach 'proved it', and that he had been at Moor Farm 'all week'.

I expect the Mail to run an exclusive on it tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Someone, in all seriousness, told me last night that they had heard that Nigel Pearson was already in place as Derby's manager in everything but name - yesterday's approach 'proved it', and that he had been at Moor Farm 'all week'.

I expect the Mail to run an exclusive on it tomorrow.

As I said yesterday eddie I went to the event at the Ipro on Friday and Graham Richards thinks he is the right man for Derby.

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

As I said yesterday eddie I went to the event at the Ipro on Friday and Graham Richards thinks he is the right man for Derby.

He might well be, but it doesn't make my mate's 'exclusive' true.

Archived