E Cigs

deano180

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Don't these make a plume of smoke though, I nearly dragged a workman from his van because I thought he was on fire, I looked a right tit :lol:

some do. But its okay its only water vapour that has no chemicals in at all (despite providing nicotine to the user or smelling like palma violets or any other chemically created flavours)

Was a guy a couple of seats along from me in the west stand, a day tripper who I havent seen before that was puffing away on his vaping machine. Actual clouds drifting up over his shoulder and blowing my way, if it hadnt of actually rained I wouldnt of been surprised if it did just from his vaping.

Managed to make eye contact with a steward and pointed at this guy and gestured 'smoking' to him, after 10 mins of watching him the steward eventually got up and told him it wasnt allowed in the stands. Guy knew what he was doing as he was sat almost side saddle in his seat and was holding is machine/e-cig in his fist and slyly lifting his fist to his mouth every now and then :lol:

I'm curious as to the long term health impacts of this. 

This is something nobody is sure of as it's far too recent for any long term impacts to occur. 

Wouldnt surprise me if a decline in lung cancer is met with a rise in something like mouth cancer etc. 

Back on topic though, yeah piss off outside you look like a locomotive stood there sucking on something that resembles a large Chess piece.

On 16 February 2016 at 20:55, uttoxram75 said:

Organic, fair trade cotton wool if you don't mind!

Make sure it's sustainable.

My weekly 25g GV is probably grown on land that was once a thriving rain forest but at least I help feed, cloth and arm the poor red dogs who process it. 

Im curious to know from those who use E-Cigs:

Are you using them instead of cigs and reducing your usage over time - with the goal of giving up, or are you "smoking" just as much but using E-cigs because it's better/cheaper for you?.

I ask because I gave up the fags in December via will power - a bit easier than I thought it would be but then I was only a 5-10 a day man. I considered using E-cigs but thought I would probably never give up the nicotine if I found a socially acceptable, cheaper and healthier way of smoking.

28 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Im curious to know from those who use E-Cigs:

Are you using them instead of cigs and reducing your usage over time - with the goal of giving up, or are you "smoking" just as much but using E-cigs because it's better/cheaper for you?.

I ask because I gave up the fags in December via will power - a bit easier than I thought it would be but then I was only a 5-10 a day man. I considered using E-cigs but thought I would probably never give up the nicotine if I found a socially acceptable, cheaper and healthier way of smoking.

Never smoked myself, but I know my girlfriend's dad is using it as a replacement due to a health scare. He's using his e-cig fewer times than he would have had a cigarette - only using it twice a day instead of about 10-15 a day. 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I don't think you could stick eddie in this category..

That and its helped my better half's dad quit smoking.

I smoked for the best part of 50 years, completely addicted to nicotine, now have lung problems as you would expect. A cold invariably develops into full-blown bronchitis.

I started vaping on my GP's advice 4 or 5 months ago, and I haven't had a cirarette since. The lungs are still shot, but they are not getting appreciably worse.

Regarding the frequency of use, I will have a couple of puffs instead of smoking an entire cigarette. A 10 ml bottle of e-liquid costs £3-50 and lasts me over a week.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

I smoked for the best part of 50 years, completely addicted to nicotine, now have lung problems as you would expect. A cold invariably develops into full-blown bronchitis.

I started vaping on my GP's advice 4 or 5 months ago, and I haven't had a cirarette since. The lungs are still shot, but they are not getting appreciably worse.

Regarding the frequency of use, I will have a couple of puffs instead of smoking an entire cigarette. A 10 ml bottle of e-liquid costs £3-50 and lasts me over a week.

That's a hefty price range

Not being in my season ticket seat I had a crafty drag on my e cig last night at the game. I'm such a rebel!! 

I gave up fags when I started managing a grass roots team and went on to e cigs so I could have crafty drags when they weren't looking! Need something to de-stress when your married, manage a under 9 team and support Derby lol

8 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I don't think you could stick eddie in this category..

That and its helped my better half's dad quit smoking.

I suppose so, maybe I shouldn't have branded all vapers in the same category but a lot of vapers do it to act 'cool.' Can't tell you how sick I am of seeing people in smoking areas on nights out who vape just because they are peer pressured to do it by their friends and to act cool.

Archived