E Cigs

deano180

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I suppose so, maybe I shouldn't have branded all vapers in the same category but a lot of vapers do it to act 'cool.' Can't tell you how sick I am of seeing people in smoking areas on nights out who vape just because they are peer pressured to do it by their friends and to act cool.

Isn't that how most people started smoking?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I suppose so, maybe I shouldn't have branded all vapers in the same category but a lot of vapers do it to act 'cool.' Can't tell you how sick I am of seeing people in smoking areas on nights out who vape just because they are peer pressured to do it by their friends and to act cool.

The ones I find strange are the ones whose kit would mask a second world war Cruiser and hide it from the Bismarck. Mine doesn't throw out a huge amount of vapour - certainly not compared to these ones with tanks the size of a Panzer. For me, it's purely a means of satisfying my nicotine craving that isn't going to make my other problems worse, and which affords me a mechanism for reducing my 'dosage'. I use 18 mg/ml, but am planning to drop to 12 the next time I buy some e-liquids.

Also, I've never acted 'cool' in my life.

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

Isn't that how most people started smoking?

It was for me - peer pressure. Then after 30-odd years I stopped for 5 years and was 'clean' - until we reached Wembley v West Brom and the stress of watching the game from Dublin (I was working and couldn't get out of it) was too much and I started again.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

The ones I find strange are the ones whose kit would mask a second world war Cruiser and hide it from the Bismarck. Mine doesn't throw out a huge amount of vapour - certainly not compared to these ones with tanks the size of a Panzer. For me, it's purely a means of satisfying my nicotine craving that isn't going to make my other problems worse, and which affords me a mechanism for reducing my 'dosage'. I use 18 mg/ml, but am planning to drop to 12 the next time I buy some e-liquids.

Also, I've never acted 'cool' in my life.

I didn't think I'd notice when I dropped to 12 mg but it felt like there wasn't any nicotine in it.

10 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Im curious to know from those who use E-Cigs:

Are you using them instead of cigs and reducing your usage over time - with the goal of giving up, or are you "smoking" just as much but using E-cigs because it's better/cheaper for you?.

I ask because I gave up the fags in December via will power - a bit easier than I thought it would be but then I was only a 5-10 a day man. I considered using E-cigs but thought I would probably never give up the nicotine if I found a socially acceptable, cheaper and healthier way of smoking.

Well done. Apparently the best way to stop and stay stopped. 

I use an e-cig to give me a nicotine blast from time to time. I was fed up of being treated like a leper every time I lit up a fag. 

Archived