E Cigs

deano180

The concourse is a disgusting place to be these days, it stinks of those gastly things that most places ban altogether like cigarettes?

The concourse has a low level ceiling unlike the main stands, surely the smoke disperse better in the stands than the concourse?

Anyway, my moan is around banning them altogether in the ipro please? Someone have some sense, im sick of tasting vanilla with my dinner 4 hours later!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RicME85 said:

I thought they were supposed to be. Im sure I saw a tweet about it

:edit:

Seems it was to stop it on the stands but allow it in the concourse. 

Exactly that, i thought initially a concourse ban, but looking online it appears to be a stand ban?

The concourse needs more attention IMO, more intrusive

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

those,new ones with the massive tanks kick out more smoke than cigarettes , and it smells horrible

It's not smoke - it's water vapour.

And no, I'm not condoning their use at the iPro. I vape - but I still go outside at half time for a chuff on mine because the Memsahib still smokes.

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's not smoke - it's water vapour.

And no, I'm not condoning their use at the iPro. I vape - but I still go outside at half time for a chuff on mine because the Memsahib still smokes.

water vapour with added chemicals - water vapour doesnt smell like some of those things do

I am a smker, and not trying to alienate anyone just putting my view across.

In a study by Harvard 

In their study, published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives, the researchers tested 51 types of flavored e-cigarettes and liquids sold by leading brands for the presence of diacetyl, acetoin, and 2,3-pentanedione, two related flavoring compounds that the Flavor and Extract Manufacturers Association lists as “high priority”, i.e., they may pose a respiratory hazard in the workplace.

At least one of the three chemicals was detected in 47 of the 51 flavors tested. Diacetyl was detected above the laboratory limit of detection in 39 of the flavors tested. Acetoin and 2,3-pentanedione were detected in 46 and 23 of the 51 flavors tested. The Harvard researchers found that the heating, vaporization and inhalation of flavoring chemicals in e-cigarettes makes smokers’ exposure similar to that of workers in the microwave popcorn industry.

http://anonhq.com/harvard-study-finds-e-cigarettes-contain-dangerous-popcorn-lung-chemicals/

On 14/02/2016 at 12:27, Tombo said:

Second hand smoke from e-cigs is almost as dangerous. If you agree with the smoking ban on health grounds, you have to agree with it extending to e-cigs too. Simple as that.

Complewte and utter bullsheet.

11 hours ago, eddie said:

Complewte and utter bullsheet.

Okie doke then. 

I'm not against E-cigs, just like I'm not against smokers. Many of my family and friends vape and we get on just fine. I was raised in a constant cloud of second hand smoke so second hand vapour doesn't bother me.

What I am against is this fingers-in-ears "lalalala" attitude to the dangers of vaping. It's still bad for you. If you understand that, you're a big boy and you can make your own decisions, I'm not stopping you.

Archived