Mel Morris Speaks

drgoodspeak

2 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Ive stood by MM through all this nonsense.... but listening to that.... wtf is he about? How can promotion not be the target? Seems like totally given up on the season

Then you weren't listening properly.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its Mel's plan, his vision, his money, its up to him who he employs, I would have left Clement in the job but I didn't think we were moving forward as a club to be honest and clearly didn't the owner. Also I don't think people realise the influence Wassell has at the club, he is someone Morris and Rush have a lot of time and respect for. To be fair to him what a great chance he has, get the side to go for it if he takes us up he is the hero if not he goes back to his old job

This actually seems more reasonable than earlier in the day... Clement was trying to play efficient football (no one is pretending it was fun to watch) to try and get promoted this season where Mel wants us to play with style and build up to promotion...

I take back my complaints from earlier about his madness... 

I agree with what Mel said regarding performance and after nearly 40 games we are no better off.

Not too sure Wassall is up to it, thought he found his level with the kids.

Promotion is still on this season with the right man in the job...............

In fairness he's using the same logic as a good coach.

Performance and attitude first. Get those right and results will follow. 

Lose track of the performances to go chasing instant results and you get short term success at best. 

All he's saying is that Clement was measured on performances and not results. 

Performance first. 

Plenty of managers out there chase results and play percentage stuff that will be exposed when they come up against a superior side with the quality to open them up. 

In light of today's interview one thing springs to mind: lowest point tally in premier league history. To me this sounds like mel saying that he doesn't want a team scraping into the premier league just to be wiped out again. Would rather spend 2/3 years getting to a decent standard than get up on 'efficient football' that would most likely struggle to work against the big teams 

He was very clear when he bought the club what the aim was. He has been very clear again today. Build on a good squad. Improve the depth of the squad, improve performances............eventually promotion will follow. PC signed up to that philosophy but hasn't delivered. How anyone can disagree is beyond me when most on here have been moaning all season about the team selection, tactics and performance of a slow, boring team.  

49 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Then why bloody appoint him the first place?! Surely these are the things you should have both been discussing during the interview process!

If you want a job, you agree exactly with the boss. When your feet are under the desk, then you have the opportunity to chip away. However, if the boss likes cats, don't bring a dog to work.

We were all behind the big business man when he was funding the exciting transfers.

We shouldn't be surprised when he makes big business decisions.

It can't be fun when 'your club' plays such uninspiring football.

He must have sensed the fans were not impressed and acted accordingly. 

Like Candy Crush it's an entertainment business and the fans will vote with their feet if they are not entertained.

Is Kevin Keegan available?

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Where do you get that from?

What other "normal" club spends £25mill on players and come out with promotion isn't a necessity this year?? Bullcrap, you spend £6million on Johnson but say that? What player with ambition will come here?

sacking the man you chose to replace SM then not replacing him will only set you back further, somethings gone on and unfortunately I don't think we'll find out the truth

15 minutes ago, Alpha said:

In fairness he's using the same logic as a good coach.

Performance and attitude first. Get those right and results will follow. 

Lose track of the performances to go chasing instant results and you get short term success at best. 

All he's saying is that Clement was measured on performances and not results. 

Performance first. 

Plenty of managers out there chase results and play percentage stuff that will be exposed when they come up against a superior side with the quality to open them up. 

Ok.

whos hacked Alpha's account?

we will hunt you down, and when we find you we will .....ask you to be a mod

£20 odd million spent this season does say we are not looking for promotion?:ermm:

No, PR spiel is there to take away any pressure from the coach  - its called deflection.

And I that was all well and good till large amount of cash started to be thrown around on new players and then the pressure starts from fans and the media.........

Archived