New Manager Odds

Srg

10 minutes ago, KBB said:

Rodgers

Moyes

Monk

in that order. However the first two won't come to a championship club.

Rogers has said today that he has turned down 5 job opportunities in the Premier League since leaving the victims... he wouldn't come to us unless they threw money at him.. (and why anyone would want him here is totally beyond me, he is just David Brent)

Moyes, would he go tot the championship, probably not, I would think he thinks he is better than that, I have reservations that he is.

Monk, decent shout....would be a perfect new start for him and seems like a decent chap, needs to lose the gilet though.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

It's a view KK but there sure isn't stability at the club. And if you don't believe me then listen to Mel's interview on youtube. In 5 minutes he says at least three times that one of the first tasks is to get the club stabilised.

Which is hardly surprising. Players and backroom staff throughout the club will all be feeling concerned about the change - some positively, some not.  The analyst department have lost their boss; the training staff their's; the academy is different.  Some players will be thinking 'I've got another chance here'; others will be wondering if they are on the way out; at least three will be wondering whether they made the right move in coming here in the last few weeks.  All of them have friends, family and mortgages. Chris Baird will be thinking 'I've lost the captaincy and might be losing the chance of playing in an international tournament'

And what about Sam Rush? I thought Mel was Chairman and owner and Sam CEO. I thought Clement reported to Sam. And yet if you listen to Mel's interview HE met with Clement two weeks ago to discuss how Clement was doing against the strategic objectives of the club. It was Mel who wasn't persuaded by what Clement said. The clear inference is that Mel made the decision for Clement to go.  Where does that leave Sam?

I've watched the Rams for about 6 years less than you, for what it's worth.  Like you I've seen managers come and go; I've seen players nearly go on strike and the whole town up in arms; we've seen Derby in the High Court, managers hounded out for poor results and criminals as Chairmen.  Thankfully, along the way we've seen excellent managers and genuinely great and good players play wonderful football and trophies and championships.  It has not all been downhill.

But, at the moment, 'stable' is not an adjective that you can apply to our club. And the match on Saturday has assumed even greater importance.

And I'm not sure that you can apply 'stable' to the forum either. But then that's what makes it a good read, most of the time.

Good post ,I guess I was being a bit flippant .

42 minutes ago, KBB said:

Rodgers

Moyes

Monk

in that order. However the first two won't come to a championship club.

Having studiously evaluated their management track records I'm going to have to say no to all 3.  

Rogers - teeth are much too fake white, also has weird cracked lips, plus bit smug too.

Monk - no lips at all and his parting is wayyy too far over to one side.

Moyes- are you f.joking? ...eyes permanently agog and very unkempt in general.

Sorry but not one of them can hold a candle to PC's media friendly appearance.

53 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Having studiously evaluated their management track records I'm going to have to say no to all 3.  

Rogers - teeth are much too fake white, also has weird cracked lips, plus bit smug too.

Monk - no lips at all and his parting is wayyy too far over to one side.

Moyes- are you f.joking? ...eyes permanently agog and very unkempt in general.

Sorry but not one of them can hold a candle to PC's media friendly appearance.

You just like hair islands

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

You just like hair islands

Yep, he carried it off didnt he..Steve McLaren could learn a thing or two..

Seriously, I want to be proud of our priorities. But listening to the radio, this 'Derby Way' stuff does sound a bit cringey when you hear it repeated. Specially when basically we sacked McLaren having bombed out of the playoffs, then splashed £20m+ on some pretty established players .....to the neutral it all sounds a bit David Brenty I reckon. 

Being the ex gambler i am i have £100 imaginery pounds to play with.

£45 on Pearson

£45 on Monk

£10 on Cloughy for sentimental reasons.

I actually feel both Monk and Pearson fit the brief in terms of style and Monk is up and coming. If Mel fancies flexing his pecs and feels he can work with block head he's a nailed on cert imo.

15 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Being the ex gambler i am i have £100 imaginery pounds to play with.

£45 on Pearson

£45 on Monk

£10 on Cloughy for sentimental reasons.

I actually feel both Monk and Pearson fit the brief in terms of style and Monk is up and coming. If Mel fancies flexing his pecs and feels he can work with block head he's a nailed on cert imo.

What wussy imaginary bets! Bet big with your imaginary savings!

Pearson seems to be the one flying around, bookies shortening his odds by the hour as well, although that could be because it only takes a fiver to move a bookie in on these markets. 

Personally wouldn't mind Pearson, I know he can be a bit "hard" but maybe that's what these players need at this moment in time, and I think a lot of his antics last season were acted, I don't think anyone can be that ridiculous without doing it for a reason, which was to take attention away from the players, and it worked. 

Just now, McLovin said:

Oh God please no. I know he plays attacking football but the guy is a laughing stock in Spain because of how reckless he is with his teams  

But it would be fun.  Having managed Rayo to 8th, 12th, and 11th in La Liga in the last 3 years on a tiny budget i don't think it's fair to consider him a laughing stock. 

He is certainly considered a maverick and the defending at time is a bit kamikaze, but he certainly wants his teams to get the ball down and play inventive attacking football for 90 mins, regardless of who the opposition is.  He would get my vote.

Archived