Mel, what are you doing?

Kernow

Without trying to divide opinion, and despite the money he's put in which I really appreciate, does anyone feel Mel is doing it wrong?

It seems that as a fan, who is as desperate as any of us to reach the top, he's let his heart rule his head. Splashing money on the wrong players and now pulling the trigger prematurely on Clement. He shown signs of promise and deserved til the end of the season even if he wasn't going to get us up. We now have exactly the same, if not worse of a situation regarding the management. A head coach with no experience of being a head coach of a first team.

I'm really not sure what Mel Morris is trying to do here. Has he given up on this season already?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Without trying to divide opinion, and despite the money he's put in which I really appreciate, does anyone feel Mel is doing it wrong?

It seems that as a fan, who is as desperate as any of us to reach the top, he's let his heart rule his head. Splashing money on the wrong players and now pulling the trigger prematurely on Clement. He shown signs of promise and deserved til the end of the season even if he wasn't going to get us up. We now have exactly the same, if not worse of a situation regarding the management. A head coach with no experience of being a head coach of a first team.

I'm really not sure what Mel Morris is trying to do here. Has he given up on this season already?

Yes i think so.

Really poor decision in my opinion, it smacks of an owner putting his nose in the team affairs which he shouldnt do.

So Mel just own,  leave the running of the club to professionals you employ.

Dont be a George Hardy or Mike Waterson or worse Maxwell

Hope Mel, is not taking advice from that **** Rush, Rush is the problem, his vision is not working, we need a manager not a head coach, a manager who buys the players, picks the team and tactics, and if he fails, then at least he has no body to blame, get back to the English way of management, not the ******* Europe way. Up the Rams.

15 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He shown signs of promise and deserved til the end of the season even if he wasn't going to get us up. 

When do you get to that point with your staff that despite training,  encouragement, mentoring that they never realistically will make the grade.  It takes a strong manager to take decisive action and let that person leave the business if realistically they are never going to be operating at an acceptable performance level I think Mel Morris reached that point with Clement 

Really appreciate the finances Mel has put in the club but this is definitely a bad decision. Hired a guy with a great CV never a no.1 but needs time to learn. If you were going to sack someone if he was 5th at the start of feb don't hire someone with no experience. Stand by your man and give him time.

We are all disappointed of how 2016 has gone but the vast majority were happy to give clement time, not many were calling for his head.

Come out sam and mel have a talk with the fans because we all need serious closure about the direction of our football club that we love.

Can't be like that muppet at chelsea sacking managers every year until one gets a bit of success.

I just feel the decisions made are heart ruling head and poor decisions will continue to be made.

You can argue hiring PC was the wrong choice, but stick by it once it's made. He says he will get the season and doesn't need promotion this season to secure his job.

I feel we will get whoever in the summer and continue in the same way. Players will leave because they haven't performed this season. We will then replace the players with more expensive signings which may or may not come off. More often than not this approach does not work.

I would much rather Mel use his money sensibly. He's a businessman he's not stupid. He should be advised and as an investor provide the money with the direction of others. Instead it's papering over the cracks with free cups of hot water in polystyrene cups and free scarves (not even half-and-half ones for that matter!) whilst he's giving each player an individual bollocking at full-time. 

I agree with Morris on this one. Mistakes cannot be undone, a change is needed, and the only thing we can change is the head coach. 

Mark my words: Our winning streak is going to come back, starting from the match against MK Dons. Why? This is called regression to the mean. TBH we could not be any worse anyway.

So Mel Morris is right (what a guy!).

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Decisions like this worked fantastic for Forest and Leeds. 

Good job we're not Forest or Leeds. 

We have no idea what was happening behind the scenes, all we have to go on is the football - which was dross, but successful last year, and just dross this year. 

Archived