What's all this playing beyond Martin stuff . Explain please .

Curtains

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

But he said I had been in a coma for 2 years so I asked him to explain please. 

Why you appealing to a moderator if you want me banned just say so.

And the final ace in the pack... The victim card.... Just showing Dav why... As he asked the question why your threads go crazy with replies, I thought I would tag him in to my reply as to what I think happens....

Like I say, whenever anyone makes a different point to you, you reply with another question... Then after a while you'll sulk and think everyone's getting on your back when you people put their theories/opinions to you that don't chime.... 

Your reply to me I've just quoted has just proved that. No where I've said I want you banned... And I don't. I shan't much more with you on football matters anymore as you're just a common troll. Sorry guys who post on here. Had to bite... 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think Shackell is the better at them balls than Bucko is... But get the sentiment of delivering long, worked for equaliser on Friday... Wished the long ball happened more often from Shacks, especially when pinned back

cant remember Shackell putting a pass from the middle of defense onto a full backs or forwards chest 40 yards away at all this season, or in his last spell either.

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think Shackell is the better at them balls than Bucko is... But get the sentiment of delivering long, worked for equaliser on Friday... Wished the long ball happened more often from Shacks, especially when pinned back

I couldn't agree with you less about the merits of Shackell's passing ability v Buxton's. Shackell is like a rabbit in headlights when he has the ball at his feet. He is a more than competent defender but looks nervous when he has a few seconds on the ball. I would go further and say that when he does have the ball at his feet he causes us problems by his inability to act quickly and sharply. His casually stroked balls to other players puts them under pressure. I would not expect him to lose his place to Buxton, but I do prefer Buxton's first reaction when he has the ball is to step forward and hit either a crisp ball short or a long ball with a high level of accuracy. Other than that, you are spot on.

Just now, davenportram said:

cant remember Shackell putting a pass from the middle of defense onto a full backs or forwards chest 40 yards away at all this season, or in his last spell either.

Plenty of times out wide I've seen this season... (Please don't ask me when where etc) it's happened at least once a game... Not as much as I would like!

Just now, bcnram said:

I couldn't agree with you less about the merits of Shackell's passing ability v Buxton's. Shackell is like a rabbit in headlights when he has the ball at his feet. He is a more than competent defender but looks nervous when he has a few seconds on the ball. I would go further and say that when he does have the ball at his feet he causes us problems by his inability to act quickly and sharply. His casually stroked balls to other players puts them under pressure. I would not expect him to lose his place to Buxton, but I do prefer Buxton's first reaction when he has the ball is to step forward and hit either a crisp ball short or a long ball with a high level of accuracy. Other than that, you are spot on.

id drop Keogh for Buxton. But I wouldn't complain too much if Bucko replaced Shackell either. If my theory is correct and having Buckos passing forced opposition to play deeper then we would be under less pressure at the back.

We've not been as prolific or as easy on the eye because the bridge between Martin & the rest has been too big. Often teams have their defenders on Martin and their midfielders between Martin and our midfield.

He's too isolated. That's why dropping him would be pointless as whoever replaced him would remain isolated.

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

And the final ace in the pack... The victim card.... Just showing Dav why... As he asked the question why your threads go crazy with replies, I thought I would tag him in to my reply as to what I think happens....

Like I say, whenever anyone makes a different point to you, you reply with another question... Then after a while you'll sulk and think everyone's getting on your back when you people put their theories/opinions to you that don't chime.... 

Your reply to me I've just quoted has just proved that. No where I've said I want you banned... And I don't. I shan't much more with you on football matters anymore as you're just a common troll. Sorry guys who post on here. Had to bite... 

Your my No 1 mimesis 

2 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Agree with the fact that he's slower to do it then Buxton. But I do think if Shackell instead of knocking sideways most of the time... Has that in his locker too

14 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Shackell is not good enough to play those balls. 

23 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We've not been as prolific or as easy on the eye because the bridge between Martin & the rest has been too big. Often teams have their defenders on Martin and their midfielders between Martin and our midfield.

He's too isolated. That's why dropping him would be pointless as whoever replaced him would remain isolated.

....as we saw in the game against Birmingham.

23 minutes ago, davenportram said:

id drop Keogh for Buxton. 

So you'd drop RCB for LCB to partner Shackell who also play in LCB? Wow!!!! Sorry you cannot play 2 LCB at the same time. 

37 minutes ago, Kernow said:

which is why we need an extra dimension to force their defense and midfield deeper. Long passing

Clement frustrated me after the game on Friday, said something along the lines of not knowing what Thorne was doing in that position to score. 

No Paul, you should be praising him for having the tactical nous to know that that was a pretty safe time for him to make that run. And then you should tell Bradley Johnson to watch it back on repeat and learn how to do it himself.

I desperately want Clement to succeed and he's done so many good things for this team but it's comments like that that set alarm bells ringing in my head. 

It's quite simple, before Clement the ball would often be played directly to Martin from the back, he's didn't hold it up so much as find the clever round the corner ball, or a chest pass or header out to the flanks, where the wide forward would find himself with space to run into, building attacks quickly from that point.

This season, we're rarely playing the same balls, and when we do there's no-one within 30 yds of him to lay it off to.

I'm kinda persuaded by those who argue Clement's trying to move away from that formula, and we're signing players for the long term who don't necessarily fit right now, but it's not as good to watch, and it remains to be seen if it's more successful in the long term.

Archived