What's all this playing beyond Martin stuff . Explain please .

Curtains

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, curtains said:

I understand it but it's not always on .

Your forgetting about the opposition trying to stop you doing it  

Always 2 teams in a game.  

we need to give them a reason to not press full backs up the pitch, so our widemen and midfield can make the runs without leaving the middle of the park outnumbered by opposition players. We need to earn the right to play our way. We need someone capable of passing 40-50 yards accurately and consistently. Unfortunately the one player we have that can do that didn't cost over £1m.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I understand it but it's not always on .

Your forgetting about the opposition trying to stop you doing it  

Always 2 teams in a game.  

I prefer to watch a team that takes that gamble. I don't enjoy watching teams switch the play from left to right to left to right to left ad nauseam, hoping to eventually drag defenders out of position. I enjoy watching teams that play with reckless abandon and go for the jugular.

It's absolutely pathetic to see us break after a corner only for the man on the ball to realise he has to check back because we put every single one of our players in our own box for the set piece. I want Bamford stood on the half way line for an opposition corner and Hendrick busting a gut to get up in support, not tedious "game management".

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

we need to give them a reason to not press full backs up the pitch, so our widemen and midfield can make the runs without leaving the middle of the park outnumbered by opposition players. We need to earn the right to play our way. We need someone capable of passing 40-50 yards accurately and consistently. Unfortunately the one player we have that can do that didn't cost over £1m.

But what about getting back to basic pass and move. 

Wheres all the one touch and 2 touch interplay gone  

Keogh tried the long ball stuff against Man U and they hit us on the break like no tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, curtains said:

Totally serious .

These people think they know better than our manager as if he had never thought about it. 

They go on about half fit Bryson and Hendrick  coming in to do it  

Don't you want Martin dropped? Isn't that thinking you know better than our manager?

6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Don't you want Martin dropped? Isn't that thinking you know better than our manager?

I don't want him dropped he's our only option .

I would rather have had Gray or now because  he's not an option id rather have McCormack. 

I hope Chris Martin can do it for us. 

Come on Chrissy. 

The fans won't allow Blackman up top will they as after 3 games he's not a very good option according to this forum anyway and some Radio Derby callers  .

Fans on here didn't want Wiemann up top either  or Bent .

PS Ramage on RD did say Blackman did well against United and was took off too early in his opinion maybe. 

But what about getting back to basic pass and move. 

Wheres all the one touch and 2 touch interplay gone  

Keogh tried the long ball stuff against Man U and they hit us on the break like no tomorrow.

if they press the defense high and pack the midfield there isn't enough space to play pass and move.

long passing is essential to stretch the play and create room to play in the midfield. Keep there defense further back midfield has more room to play and create. Runs can be made without leaving the opposition with extra men.

long passing as an element of overall play too often gets called long ball football. Its not if its used to put doubt in the opposition as to whether they need to watch the space behind the defense or press high to swamp remove space in the middle

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I don't want him dropped he's our only option .

I would rather have had Gray or now because  he's not an option id rather have McCormack. 

I hope Chris Martin can do it for us. 

Come on Chrissy. 

The fans won't allow Blackman up top will they as after 3 games he's not a very good option according to this forum anyway. And Radio Derby anyway  

So you would rather have Gray or McCormack? Given that we weren't in for Gray, don't you think Clement disagrees with you? So again, why do you think you know better than the manager? What makes your doubts valid, and the others not?

32 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

For me it means somebody playing the ball in to Martin, he either holds it and passes it or first time passes it to the on coming midfielder or winger who is advancing into the penalty box who scores a goal for the mighty Rams.

Ladies and gentlemen please give it up for Mr Craig Bryson.

4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

So you would rather have Gray or McCormack? Given that we weren't in for Gray, don't you think Clement disagrees with you? So again, why do you think you know better than the manager? What makes your doubts valid, and the others not?

We were in for both but both classed as too expensively priced for Derby. 

McCormack is going to Hull I believe. 

We were in for both but both classed as too expensively priced for Derby. 

McCormack is going to Hull I believe. 

According to who? Nixon? I'm not buying it. It's so easy to link us to every man and his dog without there being an ounce of truth in it. 

Good debate this one, but

How are we actually currently trying to play?

Are we actually trying to force the play or just hoping for a bit of our quality?

We have a team of Seven people watching the opposition apparently which is great, maybe they should watch us and

give some recommendations?

Archived