What's all this playing beyond Martin stuff . Explain please .

Curtains

ive no idea what clements goal scoring system is.......i can see that martin,russell and ince dont know either,most of our goals come from the midfield nowadays...

i really hope that it comes together soon because blaming our strikers for the goal drought is unfair......the system isnt working for some reason or hasnt developed enough for everyone to understand and implement it

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His systems rubbish. Players are out of position & sometimes by the latter stages of the game he's made a couple of subs & we have completely lost shape and none of them have a clue what they are supposed to be doing. Cant we just keep it simple & do we really need to concern ourselves with our defense & possession against the lesser teams when we certainly have the talent in the squad to break with pace and comit forward in numbers and out score the opposition 

4 hours ago, G-Ram said:

His systems rubbish. Players are out of position & sometimes by the latter stages of the game he's made a couple of subs & we have completely lost shape and none of them have a clue what they are supposed to be doing. Cant we just keep it simple & do we really need to concern ourselves with our defense & possession against the lesser teams when we certainly have the talent in the squad to break with pace and comit forward in numbers and out score the opposition 

Drop him an email and explain where he's going wrong.

The Martin thing is a real issue. He's at his best when we have willing midfield runners giving him support. Without that he may as well sit on the bench. We are sitting far too deep at the moment and he's so isolated it's unreal. I think if we got Hendrick and Bryson back in the side and playing well you'd see a huge improvement in martins form. I really like the midfield 3 of Johnson butterfield and Thorne as individual players but them playing together does not suit us at all.

17 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

In this video you see the best of Martin (for Thorne's goal) and him ruining a great chance created for him by Butterfield due to an awful first touch. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGlSk14Hz9E

You also see 3 or 4 in the box when a cross is coming in. With a burst from a midfielder who is midway inside the opposition half not our own.

where have all those forward bodies gone?

On 31 January 2016 at 12:37, curtains said:

Right so Martin holds the ball up for how long about 2 seconds then lays it off and Johnson and Thorne and Butterfiield get beyond him all the time and don't bother about any cover to protect the defence .

i bet the coach hasn't thought about that one  

Gung-ho 

Having 2 players attacking is gung ho? Do you think Arrigo Sacchis 4-4-2 was gung ho then?

Archived