What's the answer?

TomBustler1884

Mentioned it before, but away at Palace under Billy Davies promotion season we sang "we are Derby" for about 50 minutes non-stop, it only got louder when we realised that we wouldn't get automatic promotion due to Brum winning.

It was awesome, and apart from Burnley at the BBG, the best show of support I've ever seen at a Derby match.

Just imagine that for the entire game, for me that would be brilliant.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Mentioned it before, but away at Palace under Billy Davies promotion season we sang "we are Derby" for about 50 minutes non-stop, it only got louder when we realised that we wouldn't get automatic promotion due to Brum winning.

It was awesome, and apart from Burnley at the BBG, the best show of support I've ever seen at a Derby match.

Just imagine that for the entire game, for me that would be brilliant.

That is for me the last time I had chills from chanting. Absolutely fantastic time.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Get rid of the bouncing thingy it's so boring and lame. Need new songs than that and barmy army! If I see any pics from other clubs that are worthy to look at on Twitter then I'll tag you. 

Do you mean when the whole south stand bounces ? Looks impressive from were I'm sat ! 

New chants would help. The song list is ancient and it's smaller than ever.

Barmy Army? What's that about? 

There's no humour. 

Might help. But ultimately it's just the way people are nowadays. Some fans are good, some aren't.  Ours are alright. 

Problem with Derby fans is they think they're owed something. 

"look at our attendances" 

"club like this should be in the PL"

Not a lot more you can do I'm afraid.

Whatever it is we need to work out how to create a wall of noise that lasts a whole game..that will make our players feel like our home is a fortress..there are teams on the continent that create this every game even when the team is not that good so there is no excuse.

New songs, some mad song leaders dotted about the place, booing whistling etc. whenever the opposition gets the ball..but it needs real volume..

Just now, Rams Rant TV said:

Rail Seating in the South Stand? 

Works abroad and the majority of Derby fans want it to happen.

Is there anything more the club and it's supporters can do to convince the government to look into it?

Trials maybe?  

Safe standing is an obvious answer but the investment to replace all the seating with rail seating will be too much, especially before they can even use it for standing!

If safe standing is ever given the go ahead for trials or approved full stop, I'm sure DCFC will be looking at it if there is enough demand.

5 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Safe standing is an obvious answer but the investment to replace all the seating with rail seating will be too much, especially before they can even use it for standing!

If safe standing is ever given the go ahead for trials or approved full stop, I'm sure DCFC will be looking at it if there is enough demand.

Obviously this wouldn't be a quick fix, but it certainly would improve the atmosphere. Last 2 home games was like being in a morgue.

Not sure the club would say no to the cost if safe standing was approved. Mel has already expressed his openness on the subject I believe.

At any rate, it all seems to have gone quite on the issue over the last couple of seasons.

4 minutes ago, Rams Rant TV said:

Obviously this wouldn't be a quick fix, but it certainly would improve the atmosphere. Last 2 home games was like being in a morgue.

Not sure the club would say no to the cost if safe standing was approved. Mel has already expressed his openness on the subject I believe.

At any rate, it all seems to have gone quite on the issue over the last couple of seasons.

The majority of the south stand do already stand for the whole game and having rail seating won't make any difference to the atmosphere in there.

We seem to have a hell of a lot of people in the south stand that go in there because they enjoy the atmosphere but are not willing to join in and help create one unless we are winning comfortably, get the cameras on the stand and kick out the miserable gits and replace them with people out of other areas that want to sing :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

The majority of the south stand do already stand for the whole game and having rail seating won't make any difference to the atmosphere in there.

We seem to have a hell of a lot of people in the south stand that go in there because they enjoy the atmosphere but are not willing to join in and help create one unless we are winning comfortably, get the cameras on the stand and kick out the miserable gits and replace them with people out of other areas that want to sing :thumbsup:

Installing rail seats would allow access to double, maybe even triple the attendance in the South Stand, which is more or less completely sold out for every home league game as it is now.

The concept has been proven to improve the atmosphere so it certainly would do so, there's no question.

But yes agree there is a lot of that going on! Its all well and good singing when we are 4-0 up against Bristol City, but only true fans sing even when we are losing.

Was amazed at how many people left when the 3rd goal went in!

So frustrating to see half the ground walk out early. It even happens when we are winning! 85th minute & 10,000 people leave the stadium! 

Instead of meeting in the pub to try out tunes, it would work better in the fan park before the game.

If the fans catch on and start singing, you know you've got a winner.

Drawback is, I guess you don't have the time before a match to go to the fan park,  maybe you could delegate a few to try it out?

33 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've come to the same conclusion. It must be about numbers. Well, if we are talking about volume anyway. The away corner, on the rare occasions that it's full, always sound louder. Seems like all of them are singing. Presume there are more in the south stand than there are in the corner? When Leeds or Sheffield weds were in the South stand a couple of seasons back, they were great volume, even though on both occasions, their teams were playing rubbish! 

Thing is though, I'm not sure we have enough who want to sing in the other stands, that could move to the South Stand. Even if space was created by moving out the quiet ones :) . 

1 hour ago, Rams Rant TV said:

Rail Seating in the South Stand? 

Works abroad and the majority of Derby fans want it to happen.

Is there anything more the club and it's supporters can do to convince the government to look into it?

Trials maybe?  

Not going to happen, we all love to have that here ASAP. 

Archived