What's the answer?

TomBustler1884

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19 January 2016 at 13:21, The 1884 Group said:

We've had lots of threads and comments over the last week that have been critical of players, manager, chairman and fans, some of it deserved, some of it not. Whether fans and the atmosphere contribute to performance is not the debate in this thread, it's more how to increase fan volume and drown out the negativity.

In the spirit of getting back on track and with our efforts with the flags, we would love to hear your ideas for getting the atmosphere more intimidating for away teams and encouraging and louder for the Rams players.

We're having a meeting today with a few people to throw some ideas around with the hope that it goes well, and we then have an open thing in a couple of weeks we can invite anyone who wants to do actually do something about it and be part of change.

So, if you have any ideas, put them here to be discussed and please keep this thread positive, it is for ideas, not for arguing and falling out over!

This might all fall flat but we would rather try and fail than not try at all.

Ban anyone from wearing anything but black and white

For me the biggest change and drawback to stadiums becomes all seater was the fact all seats were assigned , , with standing singing fans gravitated towards each other and also a group of mates could decide to go to a game spur of the moment or if you were a season ticket holder your mates could decide to come to a game with you even if they weren't St holders and you could still all stand together ,,,,, 

the answer for me is simple ,, it needs Mel Morris to change the policy for say the south stand to one where you can have a season ticket but sit anywhere in that area , this also will generate atmos before the game as people get there earlier to get the seats they want,, I would also choose an area of the east stand to have the same policy ,, different view from there and create a retro popside Ossie end vibe , I would go as far a renaming these areas popside and Ossie end as in those days popsiders and Ossie Enders had their own identity and took pride in that identity and though all Derby we tried to ousting each other ,,,, think on Mel I'm 100 percent sure the above changes would make  a difference and be the starting point to making  pride park become our real home to rival the bb

47 minutes ago, archied said:

For me the biggest change and drawback to stadiums becomes all seater was the fact all seats were assigned , , with standing singing fans gravitated towards each other and also a group of mates could decide to go to a game spur of the moment or if you were a season ticket holder your mates could decide to come to a game with you even if they weren't St holders and you could still all stand together ,,,,, 

the answer for me is simple ,, it needs Mel Morris to change the policy for say the south stand to one where you can have a season ticket but sit anywhere in that area , this also will generate atmos before the game as people get there earlier to get the seats they want,, I would also choose an area of the east stand to have the same policy ,, different view from there and create a retro popside Ossie end vibe , I would go as far a renaming these areas popside and Ossie end as in those days popsiders and Ossie Enders had their own identity and took pride in that identity and though all Derby we tried to ousting each other ,,,, think on Mel I'm 100 percent sure the above changes would make  a difference and be the starting point to making  pride park become our real home to rival the bb

Have been thinking about this one for a while, but how do you get over the aggravation and anger from South Standers who don't get "their" seat?

1 hour ago, archied said:

This wouldn't work unless you reduced the amount of season tickets sold in the South stand and seeing as the majority in there are ST holders, what would you do with those that want to keep a ST but are pushed out because of a reduced ST allocation? And people are put off from going to games on the spur of the moment now because  the price of tickets on matchdays is dearer than buying in advance.

The club won't change they way they sell season tickets or matchday tickets because they prefer to get the money in as early as possible.

Not saying there would not be some teething probs but to be fair we have had a bit of upheaval at pride park since we moved there in terms of moving people around ,, the move to the south stand is only recent thing also . May mean having a larger area that is for season tickets and on the day payers without allocated seats but I really believe this would be a good move, it also makes things a lot less painful when we suddenly have a situation like the Man U cup game where we have to give bigger allocation to away team as we can just move whole areas around without the need to allocate single seats and people losing their specific seat , think fans would be less up in arms , certainly worth DCFC polling fans on their views regards this?

Archived