What's the answer?

TomBustler1884

We've had lots of threads and comments over the last week that have been critical of players, manager, chairman and fans, some of it deserved, some of it not. Whether fans and the atmosphere contribute to performance is not the debate in this thread, it's more how to increase fan volume and drown out the negativity.

In the spirit of getting back on track and with our efforts with the flags, we would love to hear your ideas for getting the atmosphere more intimidating for away teams and encouraging and louder for the Rams players.

We're having a meeting today with a few people to throw some ideas around with the hope that it goes well, and we then have an open thing in a couple of weeks we can invite anyone who wants to do actually do something about it and be part of change.

So, if you have any ideas, put them here to be discussed and please keep this thread positive, it is for ideas, not for arguing and falling out over!

This might all fall flat but we would rather try and fail than not try at all.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like the idea of the thread, the nervousness on the ground and sense of frustration was very clear on Saturday - the flags, the music, the whole pre match is better than I can remember it now (partly thanks to 1884 group) - then it all just falls away and the moaning comes to a fore - how do we keep the noise going

58 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

We've had lots of threads and comments over the last week that have been critical of players, manager, chairman and fans, some of it deserved, some of it not. Whether fans and the atmosphere contribute to performance is not the debate in this thread, it's more how to increase fan volume and drown out the negativity.

In the spirit of getting back on track and with our efforts with the flags, we would love to hear your ideas for getting the atmosphere more intimidating for away teams and encouraging and louder for the Rams players.

We're having a meeting today with a few people to throw some ideas around with the hope that it goes well, and we then have an open thing in a couple of weeks we can invite anyone who wants to do actually do something about it and be part of change.

So, if you have any ideas, put them here to be discussed and please keep this thread positive, it is for ideas, not for arguing and falling out over!

This might all fall flat but we would rather try and fail than not try at all.

Turn the music off because it's so annoying and too loud no wonder why it's hurts my ears so much. 

Get these legends flags out every games and black+white balloons (b4 would love that I think) 

Get rid of the bouncing thingy it's so boring and lame. Need new songs than that and barmy army! If I see any pics from other clubs that are worthy to look at on Twitter then I'll tag you. 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Turn the music off because it's so annoying and too loud no wonder why it's hurts my ears so much. 

Get these legends flags out every games and black+white balloons (b4 would love that I think) 

Legends flag - the big one is still being worked on, we had some copyright issues. We have some double poled ones of managers that were in front of the ES on Saturday. We want them in the stands but the club are worried about visibility if you are behind one.

Question is - would people be bothered if their view was blocked when the payers came out? Feedback needed!

Music - it was turned off for quite a few games over Christmas after much persuasion. However it was so quiet it was a bit awkward. As a result it's back on. PC and the players prefer music, so perhaps we as fans could look at  what type of songs, playing the same 4 or 5 songs prematch every match, make suggestions, etc? 

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Sorry to be a bit predictable but the answer lies squarely on the shoulders of the players. No excitement no atmosphere.  

There are plenty who see it that way and I have no doubt that successful attacking exciting football would make the job a hell of a lot easier!

But I believe there is more we can do to show support in the meantime and fancy giving it a go!

4 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

There are plenty who see it that way and I have no doubt that successful attacking exciting football would make the job a hell of a lot easier!

But I believe there is more we can do to show support in the meantime and fancy giving it a go!

I fully support and admire the effort, I really do, but the mood of the fans arriving at the game is influenced by expectation and pride in the team. PC has got to get the belief back. That will only come when we attack with fast flowing football and we defend like our lives depended on it. 

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I fully support and admire the effort, I really do, but the mood of the fans arriving at the game is influenced by expectation and pride in the team. PC has got to get the belief back. That will only come when we attack with fast flowing football and we defend like our lives depended on it. 

No worries, understand your view.

However, I think this discussion has been had on lots of other threads, lets keep this one to ideas!

I'd like to see us sing more songs that are actually directed at the individual players.  I think going through the entire team starting with the keeper singing a song for each player would hopefully encourage them, show that we believe in them and improve there confidence, especially when we're playing badly.

Archived