Will Hughes to Everton...

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I am getting sick and tired of fans posting this journalistic dribble about our players, honestly do you think any team is gonna shell out £10 million on a player coming back from such a serious injury? Tuesday a fan who sits next to me said George Thorne is being rushed back so he can go to Everton, absolute rubbish. Now come on Rams fans it's been poor recently but let's try and give our team some backing and get this show back on track. C'MON ????

3 hours ago, Supermac said:

I am getting sick and tired of fans posting this journalistic dribble about our players, honestly do you think any team is gonna shell out £10 million on a player coming back from such a serious injury? Tuesday a fan who sits next to me said George Thorne is being rushed back so he can go to Everton, absolute rubbish. Now come on Rams fans it's been poor recently but let's try and give our team some backing and get this show back on track. C'MON ????

Calm down, he never said he wanted Hughes to go, he's just posting the story, if you don't like our players being linked elsewhere the don't go into the transfer talk section

A lot of people have been clamouring for us to buy at left-back (I'm not one of them). This article also talks about Everton wanting £3m-rated Portuguese left back Rui from Empoli in Italy. Sounds better value that £7m Andy Robertson from Hull!

No one should be pinning their hopes on Will's return to transform us this season, just as Thorne couldn't come straight back and turn things around last year. We have plenty of quality elsewhere and need to trust in that to see it out in what is bound to be a season of twists and turns. Still a long way to go.

Not surprising to see Everton linked with our young good ones, Martinez wants mobile talented footballers who can step up Hughes, hendrick and Thorne to replace Barry. Adds to my paranoia that I seem to be behind cars with Everton fc number plates when leaving pride park/ipro over the last two seasons! 

I want to see them lads playing for DCFC in the premiership not Everton on match of the day having beaten someone on my Saturday afternoon 

The fact that Johnson was 6m rated just shows how valuable Hughes is, if he left this club for less than 10m I'd be gutted. No one we've signed is any better and he cost us nothing. Butterfield is the only other player we have that can make things happen in the middle.

5 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

The fact that Johnson was 6m rated just shows how valuable Hughes is, if he left this club for less than 10m I'd be gutted. No one we've signed is any better and he cost us nothing. Butterfield is the only other player we have that can make things happen in the middle.

That's a harsh comparison, Johnson has seasons of PL experience and has been very consistent for the past 5 years at all levels. Including last seasons POTY, his goals lead his team to promotion which is what the 6 million fee was on the back of.

Whilst Will is very valuable to us, do other teams see him as a viable player if he's going to cost that much? I love Hughesy and I'd love to keep him forever but it makes you wonder why PL teams consistently overlook him and snap every other half decent youngster up in the division. They can keep on doing it for me too now, whats 10 million to us anymore? Rather have him in our team.

4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

That's a harsh comparison, Johnson has seasons of PL experience and has been very consistent for the past 5 years at all levels. Including last seasons POTY, his goals lead his team to promotion which is what the 6 million fee was on the back of.

Whilst Will is very valuable to us, do other teams see him as a viable player if he's going to cost that much? I love Hughesy and I'd love to keep him forever but it makes you wonder why PL teams consistently overlook him and snap every other half decent youngster up in the division. They can keep on doing it for me too now, whats 10 million to us anymore? Rather have him in our team.

Think it's to do with the type of player he is - not free-scoring, not a powerhouse midfielder but he's brilliant at link play, knitting together defence and midfield and midfield and attack. I'm not for one minute suggesting he's at that level but he would fit perfectly into a team that plays a similar system to Barcelona. Of the big boys in the Premier League I would say Spurs would be best suited to him.

22 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

My point more is look at the technical ability, look at the influence he had on the way we dictated games. The reason he gets overlooked is because clubs know we aren't begging for cash and that he'd be a big price. They won't spend big on a youth to slot in to the reserves. Hughes has always made it clear he wants to stay to play games. I think Hughes in a good prem side would be class with good players around him.

Archived