Will Hughes to Everton...

North_Stand_Ram

9 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Without the injury, I would definitely agree with you. But now he's missed more than half the season, I can't see him leaving this summer.

I see your point

the kid is on the edge of greatness and if he had moved before the injury it is likely that he would have had his feet up being paid a lot more money.  I can't guess whether a prem club would take the gamble but I wouldn't be too surprised if he didn't decide to jump if the chance came along.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Spanish said:

I see your point

the kid is on the edge of greatness and if he had moved before the injury it is likely that he would have had his feet up being paid a lot more money.  I can't guess whether a prem club would take the gamble but I wouldn't be too surprised if he didn't decide to jump if the chance came along.

He'd want to go to a Prem team that will guarantee to play him every week. Getting the move is one thing, but it has to be the right move. He has no experience other than in the Championship, he needs a least two season playing week in week out in the Prem. He can then bounce from there for multi millions and get a move to a top 4 club.

7 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

He'd want to go to a Prem team that will guarantee to play him every week. Getting the move is one thing, but it has to be the right move. He has no experience other than in the Championship, he needs a least two season playing week in week out in the Prem. He can then bounce from there for multi millions and get a move to a top 4 club.

Dele Alli

12 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Without the injury, I would definitely agree with you. But now he's missed more than half the season, I can't see him leaving this summer.

I see your point

yes he need to play in the prem, do you think that he will be happy to wait fro DCFC to get there?

16 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I see your point

yes he need to play in the prem, do you think that he will be happy to wait fro DCFC to get there?

I think the injury has forced his hand for this year.

If we don't go up, and we're in a good position then January, then I think he would definitely stay.

If we've slipped, then I think he could look to move in January, and we'll most almost certainly lose him in the summer.

Our Will window isn't shut just yet.

16 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think it's to do with the type of player he is - not free-scoring, not a powerhouse midfielder but he's brilliant at link play, knitting together defence and midfield and midfield and attack. I'm not for one minute suggesting he's at that level but he would fit perfectly into a team that plays a similar system to Barcelona. Of the big boys in the Premier League I would say Spurs would be best suited to him.

They already have Cleverley who's not playing that much at the moment right? He's not too dis-similar to Hughes, and I really don't know where Hughes would play in Everton, especially since Besic has seemed to have stepped up and is playing some good football.

6 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

Dele Alli

As I said, he needs the right move to a team he'll play week in week out. Dele Alli is a great example of this, regardless of how good he is now, he would not have played the games he has at Spurs at somewhere like Man City. He's gone there, is playing week in week out and getting better, he can only do that by getting played. I can see Alli doing what Gareth Bale did, yes he did it over a longer time frame, but essentially he only stayed at Spurs for a couple of seasons when he was a world class player. He then got the big transfer to Madrid for a world record fee. Alli will do the same, if he's at Spurs in 4/5 years time I'll be very surprised. 

If Hughes went to Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea etc he wouldn't play. They sign the best young talent, never play them, drop them to the reserves, loan them out and eventually end up releasing them. Look at Nick Powell, Josh McEachran and to some extent Jack Rodwell. Hughes is an someone with enormous potential but like all young players, he need careful management to actual achieve it at a big club.

On 17/01/2016 at 12:25, Carl Sagan said:

A lot of people have been clamouring for us to buy at left-back (I'm not one of them). This article also talks about Everton wanting £3m-rated Portuguese left back Rui from Empoli in Italy. Sounds better value that £7m Andy Robertson from Hull!

No one should be pinning their hopes on Will's return to transform us this season, just as Thorne couldn't come straight back and turn things around last year. We have plenty of quality elsewhere and need to trust in that to see it out in what is bound to be a season of twists and turns. Still a long way to go.

Absolutely,  poor lad it's totally unfair to load that kind of pressure of expectation on him.

We've had some dreadful performances with him in the side anyway. He played vs reading on last day of the season last may for example. 

4 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

As I said, he needs the right move to a team he'll play week in week out. Dele Alli is a great example of this, regardless of how good he is now, he would not have played the games he has at Spurs at somewhere like Man City. He's gone there, is playing week in week out and getting better, he can only do that by getting played. I can see Alli doing what Gareth Bale did, yes he did it over a longer time frame, but essentially he only stayed at Spurs for a couple of seasons when he was a world class player. He then got the big transfer to Madrid for a world record fee. Alli will do the same, if he's at Spurs in 4/5 years time I'll be very surprised. 

If Hughes went to Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea etc he wouldn't play. They sign the best young talent, never play them, drop them to the reserves, loan them out and eventually end up releasing them. Look at Nick Powell, Josh McEachran and to some extent Jack Rodwell. Hughes is an someone with enormous potential but like all young players, he need careful management to actual achieve it at a big club.

Isn't Rodwell at sSunderland?  Thought he went there from Everton but I might have missed a service station stop at one of the big 4.

Archived