Oh Brad.....

drgoodspeak

57 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

It's like he's never played league football today, just smashing the ball over his shoulder in to the channels hoping for the best. So poor, 6m for this? Seriously? He is getting worse every game, I don't know how he keeps his place, I don't even know how he didn't get subbed...

There's a good player there but I just don't understand what is going on with him.

That's a good point you don't get player of the year at a promoted side just above a season ago, to become as shocking has he has been last few games, again it looks a case of fit; right now he doesn't seem to gel with those around him.

On 13 January 2016 at 13:24, Uptherams said:

My view on Johnson is that he doesn't know where he is meant to be on the pitch. He funnily enough started out well and knew where he was meant to be. This was when Butterfield still kind of didn't. Those two have gone in opposite directions. Butterfield now knows his position and Johnson doesn't. Hendrick needs to rise to the opportunity as Johnson is pretty much giving him the best chance he will get for the rest of the season to nail down a place in the starting lineup. 

Clement needs to find the right formations, saw it mentioned our most effective display was when Brad was suspended and Hendrick played alongside Butterfield, with Thorne deep. Maybe they compliment one another better. Johnson seems out of sorts and shouldn't be untouchable in terms of being dropped if needs be.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to the the only person who is a bard fan. Cos i remember what he did at Norwich some of his goals and passes were worldies. He is also a much more versatile centram midfielder than most of the ones we have who are very much one trick ponies.I know he has been crap for a while recently, but I attribute a lot of that down to the role he has been told to do, which is sit as deep as Thorne.

i thought he actually played much higher up the field today, along with Hendrick where he should be. And those hopeless passes over his shoulder only looked bad because Russell didnt seem to want to get inbehind the opposition.

Seriously the problem at the moment isnt Johnson its Russell and Ince.

Yeah I agree Russell and Ince are contributing nothing, making 4-3-3 a redundant system. Time to find a way to get 2 up front, whether that be a 4-4-2 with Weimann & Razza wide, or a 4-1-3-2 with Hendrick/Butters/Johnson in front of Thorne. Johnson scored a shedload for Norwich last season iirc, what's happened to that rocket left foot of his?

1 minute ago, CumbrianRam said:

No player in the world would have such a clause.

I can't think of any other reason why Clement continues to play him. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't lingard have a similar clause in his loan contract here last season where he had to make a certain number of appearances?'

Bradley's a powerhouse, he's good in the air but unfortunately he can't pass. What's his best position? Does he suit our style? What is our style now? Because come March I want our midfield to be Hughes-Thorne-Bryson/Hendrick/Butterfield. That said I still think he's a quality player. Try him upfront? :ph34r:

A signing that seemed to be made on reputation alone. Just doesn't seem good enough on the ball to me, was hidden a bit at first cause his displays were all action and he was brilliant off the ball but that's deteriorated as well now. Obviously a good player in the right side but for us he's a £6m problem.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

One of our best players? Check

In bad form? Check

Under the bus he goes.

The fact you can say that after his last 5 games is pretty incredible. He's nowhere near one of our best players, a handful of half decent games proves jack **** when we are half way through a season. If he was having a dip after being an absolute beast consistently then I'd agree. No where near the case. When Thorne went off today we crashed and burned big time, there's one of our best players for ya.

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

The fact you can say that after his last 5 games is pretty incredible. He's nowhere near one of our best players, a handful of half decent games proves jack **** when we are half way through a season. If he was having a dip after being an absolute beast consistently then I'd agree. No where near the case. When Thorne went off today we crashed and burned big time, there's one of our best players for ya.

Firstly, he was much better than half decent.

Secondly, I like to judge players on more than just five games. Thoroughout his career, he's consistently shown himself to be a quality Championship midfielder and a capable Premier League one. He is an absolute beast.

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

Firstly, he was much better than half decent.

Secondly, I like to judge players on more than just five games. Thoroughout his career, he's consistently shown himself to be a quality Championship midfielder and a capable Premier League one. He is an absolute beast.

Well we've had half a season and he's not been a beast for us. He's done OK most of the time. What he did elsewhere is irrelevant. Were you calling him a beast today watching that? 6m worth, Butterfield must have been gutted. Bryson would have been all over that game, same goes for Hanson. We just made an offer and Norwich snapped our hand off, it's a good indicator.

I want Brad to turn out good but we can't have players putting in these types of performances if we want to go up, whole stand around me couldn't believe he escaped the subs.

He is suffering from having forwards that are lacking confidence and are hiding. His only option is to lump it into space, or a risky pass that doesn't come off. 

Get Camera started to guarantee crossed balls and Martin and Johnson can attack them.

6 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Well we've had half a season and he's not been a beast for us. He's done OK most of the time. What he did elsewhere is irrelevant. Were you calling him a beast today watching that? 6m worth, Butterfield must have been gutted. Bryson would have been all over that game, same goes for Hanson. We just made an offer and Norwich snapped our hand off, it's a good indicator.

I want Brad to turn out good but we can't have players putting in these types of performances if we want to go up, whole stand around me couldn't believe he escaped the subs.

I think he's had two bad performances, numerous average ones, and numerous excellent ones. I would have played Butterfield alongside him today so no arguments on that one.

It's a pretty good indicator that Norwich fans were stunned when he was sold, but of course you've ignored that.

Can I ask what you think of Johnny Russell? It's just that he's been rubbish for a long time and it's largely ignored, a short dip by others and they are quickly dismissed.

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I think he's had two bad performances, numerous average ones, and numerous excellent ones. I would have played Butterfield alongside him today so no arguments on that one.

It's a pretty good indicator that Norwich fans were stunned when he was sold, but of course you've ignored that.

Can I ask what you think of Johnny Russell? It's just that he's been rubbish for a long time and it's largely ignored, a short dip by others and they are quickly dismissed.

Russell has been poor this season, provided zero service and is now king of the backwards pass. Camara was a breath of fresh air today, taking on his man and getting dangerous balls in to the box. When I watch Johnny closely his demeanor is negative, he just looks defeated all the time. He never drives forward like he used to, rather take easy options or ends up taking too many touches.

Norwich fans were pretty split on Johnson leaving, remember seeing the polls on their forums. I think it was more his personality and the fact he had the best season of his career last year which was an anomaly if you read his record. Before last season he'd never scored more than 7 goals in a pro season and that was in League One.

Which games do you think he was excellent in?

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Russell has been poor this season, provided zero service and is now king of the backwards pass. Camara was a breath of fresh air today, taking on his man and getting dangerous balls in to the box. When I watch Johnny closely his demeanor is negative, he just looks defeated all the time. He never drives forward like he used to, rather take easy options or ends up taking too many touches.

Norwich fans were pretty split on Johnson leaving, remember seeing the polls on their forums. I think it was more his personality and the fact he had the best season of his career last year which was an anomaly if you read his record. Before last season he'd never scored more than 7 goals in a pro season and that was in League One.

Which games do you think he was excellent in?

I'd have to go through the list of fixtures and remind myself of the games, not something I'm going to do. Pretty much every one of his early games.

Archived