Do we shuffle the pack against United?

Mafiabob

What team do you put out?  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go with something like this, A mixture of squad players and rotation

Grant

Christie Pearce Buxton Warnock

Hanson/Baird

Hendrick            Johnson

Russell           Bent           Weimann

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Will we need a full strength team to beat them though? Serious question

No matter how poor they are at the minute it's silly to suggest that as a Championship team we can field a weakened squad against the likes of Mata, Schweinsteiger, Rooney etc. Get realistic on how good we actually are. 

as for the question asked in the thread. we should play our best team possible. We will need to in order to not look like fools and it's also a good test on how good our first team actually is against a top 6 PL side

Just now, Chris Mills said:

No matter how poor they are at the minute it's silly to suggest that as a Championship team we can field a weakened squad against the likes of Mata, Schweinsteiger, Rooney etc. Get realistic on how good we actually are. 

as for the question asked in the thread. we should play our best team possible. We will need to in order to not look like fools and it's also a good test on how good our first team actually is against a top 6 PL side

I'm not doubting their quality but Van Gaal's style is severely restricting those players from playing too their potential. Whose to even say he will even pick those players with the amount of injuries they have got. Also I'm not saying to play a severely weakened squad. Look at the team I suggested above. Maybe something like that to give the likes of Pearce, Buxton Bent and Weimann more action.

The priority is absolutely clear and its not the FA cup - no one will thank Mr C if we beat Man U but lose a couple of key players

It would also be terribly unfair on the 'Cup' team to jettison them just because of the opposition, and I do not believe PC would do that for that reason. Its kind of due reward for all the effort put in by the fringe players throughout the season despite not getting a chance in the first team. Those who battled and came back and won at Hartlepool deserve the chance in my opinion

It will still be a fantastic occasion in which we have every chance of winning

Archived