Do we shuffle the pack against United?

Mafiabob

What team do you put out?  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So we can't beat Boro but we're good enough to rest players against the current 5th best Premier league team!

Somethings wrong there for sure and that gives us more of a chance than say when we players a confident Chelsea team last season. That's the key, Confidence!

Imagine if we do Man United and what that could do to our confidence for the run in!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Chris Mills said:

No matter how poor they are at the minute it's silly to suggest that as a Championship team we can field a weakened squad against the likes of Mata, Schweinsteiger, Rooney etc. Get realistic on how good we actually are. 

as for the question asked in the thread. we should play our best team possible. We will need to in order to not look like fools and it's also a good test on how good our first team actually is against a top 6 PL side

Got a tonking from them I think last time we had them in the FA Cup.  And wasn't that in same season we beat them 1-0 in home leg of capital one cup? Ronaldo and welbeck rang rings round us and they put a team out without a central striker. 

We could be made to look silly if we're not careful. But plenty of ifs and buts before the game which might alter how both clubs will view it.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Do we even know what our strongest team is at the moment? I'd say it's pretty hard with the new signings.

Agree but ryan shotton for example at right back is not.

11 hours ago, McMuffin said:

So we can't beat Boro but we're good enough to rest players against the current 5th best Premier league team!

Somethings wrong there for sure and that gives us more of a chance than say when we players a confident Chelsea team last season. That's the key, Confidence!

Imagine if we do Man United and what that could do to our confidence for the run in!

United couldn't beat Boro either :ph34r:

I'd go with the team a mix of the team that beat HUFC and our strongest side - 

---------------------Mitchell

Christie------Buxton-------Shackell--------Warnock

------------------------Thorne

----------------Bryson-------Butterfield

Ince--------------------------------------------Blackman

----------------------Bent

Grant/Carson, Baird, Keogh, Hendrick, Camara, Russel, Martin

We will need a full strength side. Despite Utd's poor form they do have a World Cup winner, England's record goal scorer and plenty of other top quality players. However, if our lads are up for it and the iPro is rocking we can give them a good game (at least)!

14 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

That would be impressive given there are only three games before the tie!

While there's fleeting excitement over this, I'm disappointed by the draw because there will be the temptation to put more of a first team out. And I wanted to use the Cup to give as many fringe players as possible a run.

apologies - had the Preston one in - but you know what I was thinking - ok 7 pts!! starting tonight!!!

A win against United and we would only be two games away from Wembley - with one of the big guns out of the way.

Besides, every time we beat them is a little bit of payback for 1976. That doesn't mean a lot to many of you, but by criminy, it means a hell of a lot to me. It also marks the 50th anniversary of the first time I saw us against United.

For some on here, the Premier League - or rather, getting there - might be the be all and end all, so we shall have to agree to disagree.

22 minutes ago, eddie said:

A win against United and we would only be two games away from Wembley - with one of the big guns out of the way.

Besides, every time we beat them is a little bit of payback for 1976. That doesn't mean a lot to many of you, but by criminy, it means a hell of a lot to me. It also marks the 50th anniversary of the first time I saw us against United.

For some on here, the Premier League - or rather, getting there - might be the be all and end all, so we shall have to agree to disagree.

19 years for me (only 30). Jeez, Wanchope's debut was 19 years ago!!

So many points to consider with a few being:

1. reward the players who got us past the 3rd round
  2. reward the players who have performed consistently all season
  3. rotate to freshen up
  4. test ourselves against a strong (regardless of many peoples opinion) prem team

I PC needs to think about what impact this will have on individuals if they don't get the opportunity to play this game! I would say that these players should definitely get the chance (if fit):

• Carson
  • Warnock
  • Christie
  • Keogh
  • Shackell
  • Ince
  • Butterfield

Harsh on the rest but the defence have been brilliant all season so they get this game as a 'thank you and keep up the good work'. Ince and Butterfield have been benched a few times this season but have come on and made an impact so they deserve to start.

No saying the rest don't but I would base the rest on upcoming performances.

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

What's wrong with you? Three games, two of them at home - we want nine points, not seven! :D

I can see the 6 from tonight and against Brum Carl  - but at Turf............we don't do so well - and I get bombarded by some old Burnley mates - so I am forecasting a draw!! anyway - 3 points tonight defo - that's  a start!!!

Archived