Aidan Mcgeady and Darron Gibson

South Ram

Don't know if it's been posted or not, but here you go.

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-Middlesbrough-Sunderland-Aston/story-28484650-detail/story.html

DERBY County have been linked with Everton duo Aiden McGeady and Darron Gibson.

The Rams are keen on the Republic of Ireland internationals, along with Championship promotion rivals Middlesbrough, according to The Times.

Winger McGeady, who is also said to be a target for Brighton & Hove Albion, and central midfielder Gibson are reported to have been made available on loan by Everton boss Roberto Martinez.

Premier League strugglers Sunderland and Aston Villa could also be interested in taking the pair, who will be keen to get regular first-team football ahead of Euro 2016 this summer.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Srg said:

McGeady is a very good player. Proper winger too, more so than anyone else we have (maybe Camara, not sure)

Wasn't there some controversy with Gibson recently? don't rate him anyway.

Same, seemed to live off scoring a couple of long range efforts for Man Utd in the League Cup.

YES PLEASE

Both very good players. I doubt we could promise regular gametime though so I suspect they'll go to somewhere they can. Our name has likely been thrown out there just because we have money.

From a purely entertainment spectacle I'd want McGeady. He can do things with the ball not many can. Very inconsistent, though, even for a winger.

Sounds like ******** to me. I'm not saying they're bad players, but they've both lost there way and we're full strength in both positions.

A week ago McGeady would be a very good signing but if he arrived we'd have Ince, Russell, Weimann, Camara, Blackman and McGeady to deploy as wide men.

We don't need another CM.

If we're delving into the loan market we need to go for the one position where we don't have experienced cover which is left back. Baird can cover that, but he's also covering 2 or 3 more positions too.

Archived