Mighty Mel and Lionheart Lionel

LesterRam

I was just thinking how lucky we are, so we have had two local men plough vast amounts into this club and make a difference, both Mighty Mel and Lionheart  Lionel, looking around this league we must feel blessed, leeds with the Italian nut job, the trees with the fickle axe wielding weirdo and then we have cardiff owner changing the colour of the team, the investment in our academy is truly unbelievable and a full house every week, I cant remember any team in this division having the backing we do and having it twice?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are exceedingly lucky, we were also lucky to have owners in GSE (much loathed as they were) a few years ago who managed to halt our seemingly inevitable slide after relegation from the PL to League One like so many clubs before and since have done. Don't think the solid foundations they put in place for Mel to take the club forward should be underestimated.

15 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I don't think GSE were loathed were they? They were generally viewed as a trustworthy lot. It was the 3 amigo's that were loathed. 

The first few years of Clough's tenure in particular I remember people regularly blaming the board for their lack of investment and calling for them to get out of our club.

GSE were some of the most sensible and best owners we've had. A lot of clubs would be in much better positions right they if they had owners like GSE.

Looking back at some of the players we had and the state we were in, how we never dropped down to League One is a miracle

Just now, Kernow said:

GSE were some of the most sensible and best owners we've had. A lot of clubs would be in much better positions right they if they had owners like GSE.

Looking back at some of the players we had and the state we were in, how we never dropped down to League One is a miracle

Well, when you look at the Championship, all of the clubs in mid table that aren't constantly in the news probably do have owners like GSE. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well, when you look at the Championship, all of the clubs in mid table that aren't constantly in the news probably do have owners like GSE. 

Better squads than we had have gone down though. When you look at the embarrassment of some owners in England it's refreshing that we haven't actually been plagued by any

Just now, Kernow said:

Better squads than we had have gone down though. When you look at the embarrassment of some owners in England it's refreshing that we haven't actually been plagued by any

and also delightful that Forest and Leeds have.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Still not heard from B4 about his second favorite subject the American owners...! Who did a wonderful job. 

We have also had our fair share of crazy chairmen, helicopter rides to grounds live on tv spring to mind!

No, exactly. And it's interesting that there's nobody coming forward and admitting they were wrong about "The Yanks". They had plenty of doubters, where are they all? The humble pie's getting cold here...

I'll admit it, I was wrong about them. I couldn't see what they were doing and misjudged them.

Archived