Mighty Mel and Lionheart Lionel

LesterRam

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Have you seen the clip of a Fox News reporter asking a guy what he'd do if he won it and he replies "Loads of hookers and cocaine".  :lol:  At least he's honest...

Yep, it is brilliant....when it came on Mrs Muespach said..."is that what you would say?" i said nope Im not going to waste it I am investing it all in the super Rams..!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep, it is brilliant....when it came on Mrs Muespach said..."is that what you would say?" i said nope Im not going to waste it I am investing it all in the super Rams..!

Thought it was you for a second 

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Of course I'd give a decent percentage to the club but I'd find a little space in the monthly budget for hookers & cocaine.  What's the point of being rich if you can't enjoy both of those???

6 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Of course I'd give a decent percentage to the club but I'd find a little space in the monthly budget for hookers & cocaine.  What's the point of being rich if you can't enjoy both of those???

Of course, I will need some company on my weekly private jet flights over to see the Rams.

On 07/01/2016 at 14:17, MuespachRam said:

Yep, totally true, so many people on here were ready to dismiss them totally, mainly due to them being from another country.... B4 has a "Yank" reference in his avatar thing too, even after I told him a number of times it can be quite an offensive term...but he was convinced that they were going to take down the club and he was the one to stop them just like he did single handedly with the three amigos.... thank goodness for the ignore feature on here.

He still used that offensive word even after you told him? And several times too? Shocking...anyone would think he is an adult exercising free speech.

5 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

He still used that offensive word even after you told him? And several times too? Shocking...anyone would think he is an adult exercising free speech.

Brilliant answer....absolutely genius.... Let's go back to a time when it was ok to use the n word or let's make derogatory comments about women or people who don't have the same sexual orientation as yourselves.... After all, freedom of speech..!!

32 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Brilliant answer....absolutely genius.... Let's go back to a time when it was ok to use the n word or let's make derogatory comments about women or people who don't have the same sexual orientation as yourselves.... After all, freedom of speech..!!

What about scousers?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Yea, damn limeys!

12 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I have no idea how Americans react to hearing the term 'yank', is it different to an austrailian referring to british as 'poms'? - what i do know is you will stlll see Americans referred to as 'yanks' in media, newspapers etc, so it cannot be considered as offensive as the words you have compared it with. I guess when there is a team called 'New York Yankees' it does make you think it cant be that offensive.

Not a word i would use mind - but just saying.

12 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Wouldn't it be shocking if someone employing such satire also consistently made fun of and attacked a poster with obvious learning difficulties over a number of years.

On 1/8/2016 at 12:29, ramsbottom said:

I've said it a few times before but the only real mistake Lionel made was keeping Jim Smith on a season too long.  I think he became too close to Jim and couldn't see that his time had passed.  Other than that he was a great custodian of the club, he can't be blamed for not seeing that the 3 Amigos were a bunch of charlatans, it took us all a long time to realise that...

Me & my mates used to drink at the Yew Tree pub outside Brailsford, which he owned.  He was always in there and was always friendly.  I actually felt sorry for him the time we lost to Leicester 4-0, my mate stepped into the toilets and whacked him flush on the nose with the door...

What caused the demise under Jim Smith wasn't "too much time in the role", it was the departure of Steve MaClaren. He was being prepared to take over, but was poached by Manure, and had an immediate effect - their treble win was during his time there. If you remember Derby played some fantastic football in those days, but as soon as Steve went, we fell into "Try not to lose" mode. The spark, flair and pizzaz about our play disappeared, and only returned when Macca came back, up until he was seduced by the Newccies. Colin Todd was brought in as Jim's assistant, and again was being prepared for the top job when Jim retired. He couldn't wait, and started to engineer his way into the managers office by going to the board behind Jim's back. This resulted in him losing the players, and it was downhill all the way from there.

You could say that Steve MaClaren's head was turned by the lure of a bigger club, but it would be wrong to do so because the circumstances were entirely different, and anyway, who could turn down such an opportunity? The real damage was done by Colin Todd's grasp for power ahead of time and effectively knifing Jim in the back. This is such a shame, because he was such a legend as a player - I don't think there was a better sweeper in the country at the time (and that includes Bobby Moore). I hope his playing reputation overshadows his managerial misdemeanour.

21 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

What caused the demise under Jim Smith wasn't "too much time in the role", it was the departure of Steve MaClaren. He was being prepared to take over, but was poached by Manure, and had an immediate effect - their treble win was during his time there. If you remember Derby played some fantastic football in those days, but as soon as Steve went, we fell into "Try not to lose" mode. The spark, flair and pizzaz about our play disappeared, and only returned when Macca came back, up until he was seduced by the Newccies. Colin Todd was brought in as Jim's assistant, and again was being prepared for the top job when Jim retired. He couldn't wait, and started to engineer his way into the managers office by going to the board behind Jim's back. This resulted in him losing the players, and it was downhill all the way from there.

You could say that Steve MaClaren's head was turned by the lure of a bigger club, but it would be wrong to do so because the circumstances were entirely different, and anyway, who could turn down such an opportunity? The real damage was done by Colin Todd's grasp for power ahead of time and effectively knifing Jim in the back. This is such a shame, because he was such a legend as a player - I don't think there was a better sweeper in the country at the time (and that includes Bobby Moore). I hope his playing reputation overshadows his managerial misdemeanour.

Not really heard any of this before, if it was common knowledge the DET and radio derby would have been over it several times. Im pretty sure its not in anyones book. Which begs the question, who are you and what is your source?

When McClaren left Jim Smith was far from finished, so really cant see how back then Stevie Mac was being primed for the role. I dont think you can attibute our downfall just on Mac leaving, its more the signings from around the time he left were awful. Grent, Decroix, Bragstaad anyone?!?! Not enough investment in the right areas. Whilst the south american Wanchope gamble paid off when we had McClaren, the likes of Fuertes and carbonari did not. Then there was the ridiculous decision on the length of Ravenellis contract and then finally resulting in bog standing average reserve team players being asked to keep us in the prem. The likes of Boertien, jackson and Boulder, and to a degree the inexperienced Riggott.

its no wonder Stimac and Wanchope wanted out.

I cant even begin to start on the Colin Todd stuff.

Both owners threw money at it. In Lionel's case, initially, it didn't pay off. Too many gifted individuals didn't make it a team. It was a team of misfits. Cox and then Mac failed to make it work. 

Time will tell if it's any different this time around. 

Archived