Was their second goal offside?

North_Stand_Ram

Couldn't make it today but was it? Wasn't mentioned on the stream, but to me it looked a mile off. Deflection, yes, but it wasn't an intended touch. 

Highly doubt it would have made a difference as we never looked like scoring, but an interesting one. Their first must have been close also, but looked like Christie was playing Adomah on

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Couldn't make it today but was it? Wasn't mentioned on the stream, but to me it looked a mile off. Deflection, yes, but it wasn't an intended touch. 

Highly doubt it would have made a difference as we never looked like scoring, but an interesting one. Their first must have been close also, but looked like Christie was playing Adomah on

Who cares? 1-0 was the killer, didn't matter after that.

Posted in the match thread I was sat dead in line with my mate from boro with their fans.First one was marginal could have been flagged  but no complaints second one miles off no idea what the linesman was looking at.

Both my mate and I are qualified officials so have a tendency to watch the officials a little more closely.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Screenshot_2016-01-02-22-13-57.thumb.png

When the pass was released, can you tell if Christies playing him on or not?

No way you can blame the linesman for the 2nd, Imo. 

Benefit of the doubt to the attacking team,  remember. 

Only if it's close, it wasn't imo, poor decision.

28 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

They discussed it on that channel 5 programme. First one Christie played Adomah on. Second goal was offside.

Yep, first was defo onside, 2nd  was off. 

Both goals came from us giving the ball away too easily which is more important and something PC can solve. 

29 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Screenshot_2016-01-02-22-13-57.thumb.png

When the pass was released, can you tell if Christies playing him on or not?

No way you can blame the linesman for the 2nd, Imo. 

Benefit of the doubt to the attacking team,  remember. 

A bizarre comment considering quite how far off he was. As has been said, it wasn't at all close and there could be no doubt. Extremely disappointing because, at 1-0, anything can happen.

Archived