Alan Nixon January Transfer Bingo

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A forest fan tweeted so likely bs but thought I'd share anyway:

''Bradley Johnson wants out and is homesick pal. I had a long chat with his uncle today''

Now, that would explain both his downturn in form and the fact that we're apparently searching for a new midfielder. Still unsold on it but interesting nonetheless

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

A forest fan tweeted so likely bs but thought I'd share anyway:

''Bradley Johnson wants out and is homesick pal. I had a long chat with his uncle today''

Now, that would explain both his downturn in form and the fact that we're apparently searching for a new midfielder. Still unsold on it but interesting nonetheless

Not interesting at all, particularly bearing in mind the source

14 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Dork ha ha 

Oo-er. Is that a strange word for you?  It means "A contemptible, socially inept person"

Reminds me of the Les Dawson joke

husband to wife. Why are you crying?

wife. I'm homesick

husband. But this is your home

wife. I know and I'm sick of it

14 minutes ago, Nijul_cluff said:

Homesick? Bradley Johnson isn't even actually from Norwich. It's like fifa when you get a message off a player you signed from Birmingham and he says he's homesick! 

Or when someone wants to move from Birmingham to Blackburn to be closer to Wales!

Bet he failed GCSE Geography,

17 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

2ca47a54709b7e7dac21d2ac97568db2.png

Actually.......we do need a midfielder. Possibly two.

i've become convinced now that its the inability of the two wide players to drop back into midfield when we lose possession that is one major problem. The other being the already well documented failure to get midfield players in and around Martin and into the box. Wardy always tracked back and loved the scrap in midfield. Blackman isn't going to do that. He is an out and out striker. ince makes a token gesture to get back, but same problem. He's a striker. Weimann is a striker. The players we've signed are not midfielders, which is what they should be. Its because the three in midfield get outnumbered that they get pushed too deep. The two problems are related. 

We should imagine that we are picking 451 with the option to push the wide midfielders forward. So often when we are defending the front three are all out of the game - total passengers. 

The harsh truth is that we only play with one striker - the no 9. If blackman wants to play he would have to get the shirt off martin. 

The even harsher truth is that there is no role for ince. There is no position for him in this system.

there is probably no role for weimann either except possibly to deputise for martin. 

There is some truth in the argument that we are playing players because we've paid big fees for them. We are trying to fit three strikers into a 451 formation.

the recent signings of blackman and camara - whatever the individual merits of the players - beg more questions about our own understanding of our own system.

Archived