Alan Nixon January Transfer Bingo

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Wonder if they'd trade him for Bent, Weimann and Blackman (although I still think Bent & Weimann deserve a chance) 

You do realise no-one would take Blackman as he has already moved and played for two clubs this season

29 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

and you don't think Blackman deserves a chance...........?

I didn't mean that how it came across I'd written in another thread about Bent & Weimann not getting a fair crack. However I do think we've spent unwisely getting bodies in rather than players in positions we needed them. 

I think we have spent unwisely too..I'd rather we spent 5 million on a top class left back than Camara who is a super sub and Blackman who is a risk.

Olsson may well be good, I haven't seen him play so can't judge.

Rumours leading up to Jan included players like McCormack, Rhodes, Antonio and Gayle...obviously being rumours they won't necessarily come true, but the players signed are well below par compared to those names.

I am very jealous of Boro I have to say.

Interesting that I was told tonight that Burnley are signing Prichard before the deadline. We asked for him just before we signed Camara but were told no. Funny how these things work out. Not always positive to sign your back up choices early when you never know who could become available near the end of the window. Haven't heard anything on the midfielder.

If anyone's interested, Olsson is 300k up front with add ons taking the deal to 600k 

Dont expect any incommings, but wasn't told about Johnson at all

Absolutely shocking what we have to show for the money we have spent. Well jealous of boro that's how we should have spent the money. Interesting tweet from nixon of the league goals rhodes has scored in the last 6 seasons. Now burnley will be getting Pritchard, pure panick buys from us.

25 million and here is what we got;

Carson - Good signing, great keeper

Pearce - Shocking signing given he hasn't made a league start

Shackell - Great signing, I imagine he will be gone if we don't go up in the summer

Butterfield - Great signing, will be a big premier league player in the future

Johnson - could be a great signing if not played out of position.

Weimann - we were told by Villa fans, he needs to play down the middle, did we listen? There is a top player hiding in there somewhere, Clement will never find it.

Bent - should/could be on 10 goals scored so far this season, he should have had much more of a chance by now, so really really poor signing.

Ince - We know this lad has immense talent and can score goals.  I think he too is played out of position. It is ok playing him out wide right, but not in our own bloody half. He must be knackered getting the ball on the half way line and having to sprint to even get into the box. Good signing, just hasn't materialised fully yet.

Camara - yet to see, looks promising, needs a start 4 weeks after signing him.

Blackman - hasn't looked good at all, until he starting looking half decent against United and Clement saw this as a good time to bring him off.

Olsson - I know nothing about him, sounds a good buy though.

Baird - many a fan, including me, said this was the best signing of the summer, for some reason it just hasn't worked. First thing clement got wrong was naming him captain.

Im pretty sure I'm missing a player or two. 

Overall not too bad, a couple of gambles that haven't worked, a couple of good signings and a few who are suffering due to how we play. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Pearce - Shocking signing given he hasn't made a league start

Baird - many a fan, including me, said this was the best signing of the summer, for some reason it just hasn't worked. First thing clement got wrong was naming him captain.

How can signing someone on a free due to the form of on of our CB's last season be a shocking signing? 

Both Pearce and Baird have both suffered because of the resurgence of the two players they came in to replace/back up

Pearce suffered due to Shotton being a jack of all trades. Couldn't even get on the bench. Shame, whenever a centre back had to go off I'd much rather have seen Pearce coming on. Shotton at CB was almost an acceptance that the opposition we're going to score at least one.

Archived