This year, I'm personally looking forward to....

Mostyn6

In a previous thread, I discussed depression and how I combat it by focussing on the next thing on my calendar. Now 2015 is done and dusted, I've got some landmarks/gateways to look forward to this year, I'd be interested in others'. This thread is partially inspired by @reveldevil mentioning listening to the Preston match on the wireless whilst in Spain sunbathing.

I've got Butlins 80s weekender at Skegness in Feb, 6 days golfing in Portugal at end of March, the Euros in June, My 40th in July, a lads holiday to celebrate my 40th on a Greek Island in August, Blackpool for Halloween, Prague in November.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

In a previous thread, I discussed depression and how I combat it by focussing on the next thing on my calendar. Now 2015 is done and dusted, I've got some landmarks/gateways to look forward to this year, I'd be interested in others'. This thread is partially inspired by @reveldevil mentioning listening to the Preston match on the wireless whilst in Spain sunbathing.

I've got Butlins 80s weekender at Skegness in Feb, 6 days golfing in Portugal at end of March, the Euros in June, My 40th in July, a lads holiday to celebrate my 40th on a Greek Island in August, Blackpool for Halloween, Prague in November.

You are not depressed. You are travel sick.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You are not depressed. You are travel sick.

maybe lack-of-travel sick.

I self diagnosed S.A.D. a long time ago, and there was a period where I used to arrive at work in darkness, stay inside a factory all day, then leave in the dark, and would only see daylight at the weekend, which was a miserable time. So the more time in daylight, the better I feel about life.

This year I am personally looking forward to enjoying my family, seeing in particular the kids (21 and 23) continuing to develop. I am hoping work continues to be good as I enjoy what I do, and I am looking forward to a house move and being nearer still to the sea. I am hoping the Rams give a good account of themselves over the next 12 months. Promotion would be nice, but not essential. Will go to a few games when family/work/social life permit. In summary - to continue enjoying being a half-fan with a rounded life.

27 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Some things I have set up and am looking forward too so far in 2016:

Alaska cruise in April

Slayer concert in February

Far as summer plans go,hopefully Rams do a US Preseason tour.If not,will do best I can to get to Derby at some point.

i want to hear all about the Alaska cruise. Been dreaming about it for some time.

38 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

That is a lot to look forward to.

Never been to Butlins so I can't comment on that, haven't played golf since taking up a season ticket 2 1/2 years ago, love Greece and Prague, turned 40 just before Christmas with no fanfare, slightly jealous when I see your schedule tbf, hope you enjoy every moment! 

33 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

maybe lack-of-travel sick.

I self diagnosed S.A.D. a long time ago, and there was a period where I used to arrive at work in darkness, stay inside a factory all day, then leave in the dark, and would only see daylight at the weekend, which was a miserable time. So the more time in daylight, the better I feel about life.

Nights are drawing out now mate ,swap Prague for Tallinn mid summer doesn't get dark the architecture and women are stunning . Trust me every man NEEDS to go to Tallinn.

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Nights are drawing out now mate ,swap Prague for Tallinn mid summer doesn't get dark the architecture and women are stunning . Trust me every man NEEDS to go to Tallinn.

maybe next year. Summer is pretty chocca for me, with the Euros and a lads holiday, and the fact I am self employed, I have to spread the holidays out. Also, I paid for a mate to go to Prague in November, so it's his turn to pay this year.

Seeing Derby County go up to Premier League this year.

Berlin in March

Euro 2016 France for a month June-July 

Possibly holiday before August 

Slovakia in September 

Slovenia in October 

Other things this year. :) 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

maybe next year. Summer is pretty chocca for me, with the Euros and a lads holiday, and the fact I am self employed, I have to spread the holidays out. Also, I paid for a mate to go to Prague in November, so it's his turn to pay this year.

I realise I'm probably telling you nothing you don't know, but when we went to Prague we downloaded the Minos? city guide, includes a fantastic pub crawl starting at the top of Prague, from the monastery brewery that does tours, all the way downhill past the castle and over the bridge.

Avoids most of the touristy places, includes lunch stops and gives the real Prague experience, not the Irish bars and shooting range one!

Stopped at the Grand Hotel, Vinorhady(sic)district, amazing value for a 5* , includes minibar too, via Last minute.com.

10 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I realise I'm probably telling you nothing you don't know, but when we went to Prague we downloaded the Minos? city guide, includes a fantastic pub crawl starting at the top of Prague, from the monastery brewery that does tours, all the way downhill past the castle and over the bridge.

Avoids most of the touristy places, includes lunch stops and gives the real Prague experience, not the Irish bars and shooting range one!

Stopped at the Grand Hotel, Vinorhady(sic)district, amazing value for a 5* , includes minibar too, via Last minute.com.

generally have a set few places we go, way off the tourist route, but well known to ex-pats. As @TroyDyer had gigged there a few times, he's generally scoped the joint for the kind of places we want to be going. We do try and get a football match in too. 

Starting full time in my current job as of Monday... Finally having a bit of security!

Continue watching my boys play for there respective teams... As much as I love Derby.... Nothing beats watching your own play. And quite happy to pay out a £1 a goal too them when they score... 

Looking forward to considerably clearing more of my debts. And standing on my own two feet more regarding money. What's normal to others ie car repairs to pay etc is a big deal to me and can now do this without lending!

English holiday sometime in August... Possibly Devon, nice little family get away.

Derby 10K and possibly Ramathon. Continue Insanity as well as its the best thing I've ever done fitness wise.

Continue my weakness for All Saints and Jack Jones clothing.

The Euros... Where I think England will do better than what people think.

Have countless Twitter spats with people when they have a meltdown over football.

And to keep on smiling... Day at a time.:D

8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

The thing is........thats all stuff away from work and home.

Whilst occasional breaks are nice, the thing to enjoy is the day job, and your home life. 

Isn't it?

Good thread btw.

Archived