This year, I'm personally looking forward to....

Mostyn6

12 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

In a previous thread, I discussed depression and how I combat it by focussing on the next thing on my calendar. Now 2015 is done and dusted, I've got some landmarks/gateways to look forward to this year, I'd be interested in others'. This thread is partially inspired by @reveldevil mentioning listening to the Preston match on the wireless whilst in Spain sunbathing.

I've got Butlins 80s weekender at Skegness in Feb, 6 days golfing in Portugal at end of March, the Euros in June, My 40th in July, a lads holiday to celebrate my 40th on a Greek Island in August, Blackpool for Halloween, Prague in November.

That's a pretty busy list of stuff to look forward to! My list is still empty at the moment. I've got some work to do! 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

maybe lack-of-travel sick.

I self diagnosed S.A.D. a long time ago, and there was a period where I used to arrive at work in darkness, stay inside a factory all day, then leave in the dark, and would only see daylight at the weekend, which was a miserable time. So the more time in daylight, the better I feel about life.

I feel that pain. I'm doing that now, have done for the last 12 years. And yes it gets bloody depressing. 

I'm looking forward to being made redundant :D

5 hours ago, rezner said:

I feel that pain. I'm doing that now, have done for the last 12 years. And yes it gets bloody depressing. 

I'm looking forward to being made redundant :D

Worst thing is, it was a great job I had, and was devastated when I lost it. The life of a contractor, as I'm sure @eddie will testify, can be quite confusing when you lose a job you're excellent at. I basically kept the production line going at JCB loadall!

Never really book anything miles in advance, never know what woman I'll be with so I try to keep it to just a few months in advance just incase I get bored.

I'm in Ashbourne for a week, staying in a shed with a hot tub in 2 weeks, off to the Birmingham game with a flask and blanket in the West Stand whilst we're there. Next month in a posh hotel, 3 course meals, breakfast in bed and some kind of body massages for me birthday. I'm hoping they do extras.

Other than that, not really much planned

5 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Never really book anything miles in advance, never know what woman I'll be with so I try to keep it to just a few months in advance just incase I get bored.

I'm in Ashbourne for a week, staying in a shed with a hot tub in 2 weeks, off to the Birmingham game with a flask and blanket in the West Stand whilst we're there. Next month in a posh hotel, 3 course meals, breakfast in bed and some kind of body massages for me birthday. I'm hoping they do extras.

Other than that, not really much planned

I'll get you a (whatever it is you partake of), at the Birmingham game. Just come along and make yourself known to me. 

I'm counting down the months until I start my job in Colombia in April. Going to be good to see somewhere totally different.

Can't wait for my last day in this bloody warehouse job in the meantime.

Should be out of my huge student overdraft soon too - I don't know what it's like to have actual real money.

Should start my PGCE course when I come back in September too, and finally get going with a career.

2015 was an absolute blast and I don't think this year will be quite as fun, but a lot more will happen this year with implications for the rest of my life and I'm looking forward to that.

Archived