Evans

harryram

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's that he has "offended" as such just that he has no place to talk about our clubs financial situation, it just comes across as a bit crass (Evans all over tbf) and not something i would EVER expect Clement to bring up (regards another club).

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

We need to really listen to this guy because I'm told he knows what he's talking about, having studied the British tax system in great detail.

What???

Done for tax evasion???

Well I never!

Obviously never studied it as hard as the likes of Amazon, Apple, Starbucks etc, or maybe they could afford better advice!

14 hours ago, harryram said:

Just read a report of Steve Evans saying that if we don't go up we will more thank likely have financial issues!!

what the hell does that beet rooted face ginger tosser know. Love it when some clown has a pop at us for splashing some cash. End of the day were run by a very clever business man who would have defiantly taken everything into account.#inmelwetrust

And wasn't Lionel Pickering a clever business man? What about Tony Fernandez?

Not saying we are going to have financial trouble but just pointing out that successful business man have ruined football clubs before.

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

The financial fella at the forum... I think he said there's actually some room left for us to manoeuvre and still comply with FFP?

He made it sound like getting our players insured, although expensive, paid off financially when Hughes got injured. We've had another major injury since then. 

He said we'd work up to what you're allowed to lose (is it 13m? 16?) but we will comply with FFP. 

While The Slug also claimed Leeds were the better team on the night. Despite having less of the ball, less chances, less clear cut chances and only being in the lead for about 7 minutes.

Steve Evans doesn't let facts get in the way of his opinions.

It's because he's a ****. 

To be fair to Evans he makes no mention of FFP in the article I have read  (unless there is another doing the rounds).

Maybe he means that there will be no more money available for transfers or that we will want to sell if we don't get promoted.

Not really his place to be commenting on other teams but don't see why everyone is getting irate, especially when most of our fans have spent the last 5 years taking pops at teams with higher transfer/wage budgets trying to buy their way out of this division! 

I think that Evans is the result of a straight one night stand with a woman by Danny La Rue. The likeness is uncanny. 

I'm not offended by his musings, but as has been said, it's bad form to comment on other clubs in this way. It all sounds a bit sore loser to me 

if it was said by a manager whose won things and earned a lot of respect in the game then i might listen to what was said but when it comes out of a two bit lower league manager of a declining joke outfit of a football club who has no self respect in allowing himself to be used as the next puppet by the crazy owner and who performs like a pantomime dame in front of his knuckle dragging deluded public on the touchline , ignore him he will be slipping back under his rock soon . Happy new year everyone i feel that we are in for a good one and that Leeds United will be a thing of the past for years to come

17 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

if it was said by a manager whose won things and earned a lot of respect in the game then i might listen to what was said but when it comes out of a two bit lower league manager of a declining joke outfit of a football club who has no self respect in allowing himself to be used as the next puppet by the crazy owner and who performs like a pantomime dame in front of his knuckle dragging deluded public on the touchline , ignore him he will be slipping back under his rock soon . Happy new year everyone i feel that we are in for a good one and that Leeds United will be a thing of the past for years to come

Not really sure why a comment on financial matters would carry any more weight (no pun intended) coming from a manager who has won trophies. 

Appears I am in the minority in acknowleding that maybe we have blown an awful lot of money in trying to achieve promotion this season!

4 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Some might argue the term blown would only apply if we fail to make promotion, should we achieve it, invested might be more accurate I think.

Fair point, was not taking a dig at Mel, admire any local owner who is prepared to back his team knowing that statistically there is very little chance of a return on the 'investment'.

45 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not really sure why a comment on financial matters would carry any more weight (no pun intended) coming from a manager who has won trophies. 

Appears I am in the minority in acknowleding that maybe we have blown an awful lot of money in trying to achieve promotion this season!

Two absolutely key midfield players get injured in the first 20 minutes of the season and with the third feeling his way back from an anterior cruciate ligament injury you would do what? With doubts remaining over Thorne at the time, we would have been down to Hanson and Hendrick, or being change the system entirely with a first-time and under-pressure manager in charge. Consequently the situation was assessed and the club decided to invest in Butterfield and Johnson - in other words, taking the opportunity to improve the overall quality of the squad instead of plugging the gap by (say) buying Ben Pringle (again).

Quality costs - and top quality costs top dollar.

Just now, eddie said:

Two absolutely key midfield players get injured in the first 20 minutes of the season and with the third feeling his way back from an anterior cruciate ligament injury you would do what? With doubts remaining over Thorne at the time, we would have been down to Hanson and Hendrick, or being change the system entirely with a first-time and under-pressure manager in charge. Consequently the situation was assessed and the club decided to invest in Butterfield and Johnson - in other words, taking the opportunity to improve the overall quality of the squad instead of plugging the gap by (say) buying Ben Pringle (again).

Quality costs - and top quality costs top dollar.

Yes agree with that.

Johnson was not really a replacement though and blew out record transfer fee out of the water.

As I said, admire a local owner supporting his team, it's more the way some of our fans have moved the goalposts that I was commenting on.

3 hours ago, mozza said:
3 hours ago, mozza said:

i like him , he's got character..

Same could be said of Fred West and Jimmy Saville.

I do like him being at Leeds though,  that horrible club in tandem with that despicable man means my cup of vitriol runneth over. 

If only Forest would let King Billy have another crack at getting them that elusive third star.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

People will acknowledge that. The reason people baulk at criticism from Evans is the hypocrisy. He was convicted for fraud and suspended from football for 18 months after he broke numerous financial rules and laws in order to get Boston United promoted. He is a crook and a cheat and has no right to question anyone's financial acumen.

Archived