Callum O'Dowda - Confirmed to Bristol City

Srg

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Looks a very talented young player and I can understand Oxford wishing to value his worth at c£1m.  Always need to be wary of a compilation video, but he clearly knows how to pick a pass and more importantly how to whip a ball into the box with pace and accuracy.

yep - get him as well Mel!!!

Must admit he does look a tidy player. Can understand why they'd try to get as much as they can for him.

Wouldn't pay £1million for him. If we got him I'd like us to take him straight away and loan him to a League One club, see how he deals with a step up from his current level.

3 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Hope the money will last 500 million,must have 319 million left,just enough for,a big push; 

Shame we can only play 14 ,but a nice bench,.

:huh:

Very skillful on the ball, this lad is going places. Would be wasted in the U21s. Coming to think of it, what is the point of our U21s anyway. None of them getting a look in.  He would be lucky to get into our first team squad even if we signed him.

58 minutes ago, Stimacked said:

Very skillful on the ball, this lad is going places. Would be wasted in the U21s. Coming to think of it, what is the point of our U21s anyway. None of them getting a look in.  He would be lucky to get into our first team squad even if we signed him.

I was going to go on a rant explaining the point of our U21s, but I can't be arsed. Just know you made me sad.

1 minute ago, Stimacked said:

I know what the point of the U21s is my point was, they are not getting a chance to play. We are adding further players on top of the pile. The chances of the current batch of U21s making a breakthrough are getting more difficult. 

U21 players for teams at premiership / high championship level do not get opportunities like we were used to during the stabilising years. They get their chance by proving their worth on loan elsewhere, through injuries to first teamers or by having a good season with the u21s and then impressing during pre-season or in training whenever they join up with the first team. 

Don't fret, our U21s are very good. They're top of Div 2 of the U21 premier league. I'm sure we'll see a few training with the first team during pre-season, at which point it's entirely up to them to get into the side.

22 hours ago, Stimacked said:

I know what the point of the U21s is my point was, they are not getting a chance to play. We are adding further players on top of the pile. The chances of the current batch of U21s making a breakthrough are getting more difficult. 

You have to remember that the likes of Hendrick, Hughes etc broke through when we were a bit bobbins... Nowadays they'd have to be... well... Hughes standard to break through... 

How's about Hanson anyway... He's broken through this season and done fine... Think it's good though that he's not being over-exposed at this age... 

There aren't too many Prem clubs who blood loads of U-21 players until they're over 21... Other than the occasional cup appearance...

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

You have to remember that the likes of Hendrick, Hughes etc broke through when we were a bit bobbins... Nowadays they'd have to be... well... Hughes standard to break through... 

How's about Hanson anyway... He's broken through this season and done fine... Think it's good though that he's not being over-exposed at this age... 

There aren't too many Prem clubs who blood loads of U-21 players until they're over 21... Other than the occasional cup appearance...

Think Everton do the best Lukaku, Stones, Barkley and the lad filling in for Baines - that's pretty good  return for them - 3 of them home grown. I applaud that.

Archived