Fans criticism of players

jimbobram

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Gave him support at the ground where he needs it.

His play to create the space for his goal was excellent, other than that I cannot think of anything out of the ordinary.

Did you see the pass for Baird so he could set up Russell for his goal. 

My goodness you take some pleasing  

How many Derby players have hat tricks recently  

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Yes after Butterfield had displayed some excellent play, Ince played a basic pass out wide to Baird.

I am pleased with the result but don't think the performance was anything special.

Martin and Bryson.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes after Butterfield had displayed some excellent play, Ince played a basic pass out wide to Baird.

I am pleased with the result but don't think the performance was anything special.

Martin and Bryson.

Any penalties in those Hat tricks and when were they. 

You win 4-0 against a team that just won 2-1 away at Huddersfield and its special enough for me. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Any penalties in those Hat tricks and when were they. 

You win 4-0 against a team that just won 2-1 away at Huddersfield and its special enough for me. 

Yes there were penalties, can't remember if they included shots squirming through the keepers hands.

Not got dates of the hattricks but can research if it makes a difference.

Didn't they recently lose 3-0 to Rotherham too?

Result = excellent

Performance = meh

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

There may have been penalties, but did they include a keeper chucking one in?

Fielding looked like he made a mistake but he was unsighted by the center back for them Flint .

It went straight through Flint .

So I wouldn't blame the keeper but I would credit Ince. 

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He played well, would hardly call it a revelation. Without his goals, which a decent goalie would have saved,  would you say he was anything out of the ordinary.

Me personally, I stay behind to applaud, win, lose or draw. 

esus ucking ept.

15 minutes ago, curtains said:

He's being a dick tonight, Curtains. A total fking lemon.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes there were penalties, can't remember if they included shots squirming through the keepers hands.

Not got dates of the hattricks but can research if it makes a difference.

Didn't they recently lose 3-0 to Rotherham too?

Result = excellent

Performance = meh

You try and break down 2 banks of 4 and 5 .

Its difficult. 

When we win well you say the performance is meh and it's always the opposition who were poor right. 

Fact is we broke down Bristols defensive system which deserves credit to the Derby players and Manager. 

Just now, curtains said:

You try and break down 2 banks of 4 and 5 .

Its difficult. 

When we win well you say the performance is meh and it's always the opposition who were poor right. 

No, not at all but think they were the worst team to come here so far this season. They actually sacrificed some of the better players to try and play more defensive.

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Fielding looked like he made a mistake but he was unsighted by the center back for them Flint .

It went straight through Flint .

So I wouldn't blame the keeper but I would credit Ince. 

I'll have to see it again, but it looked an awful lot like Fieldings fault from where I was sat.

Regardless it was a pleasure watching Ince tonight, the restored confidence after his goals was obvious for all to see, obviously got over his falling out with Christie, judging by their link up play!:D

Good performance tonight, but Bristol were truly *****, reminded me of Brighton in many ways, but with all the threat and solidity stripped away.

A lot of positives tonight , Ince back to his best , having a plan B , changing the team and still winning , Mr Clement., changing the game when we needed it , bringing Thorne on to control the midfield , in my personal view we have so much to look forward to this season , and beyond , yet I still hear fans moaning about us , I don't think some fans actually understand the game at all , but it's not just Derby who has this problem , it's at all clubs , have a listen to talk sport , it's no difference to our own radio Derby moan in , some people just love to moan.

*Oops wrong thread, but you get the general idea.

Hate to say i told you so, but when this thread stated, i did say Whilst i wouldnt play him as a central striker - ie the Bent position. I did say That his best performances last season, and best spells where were when he was moved to the central hole position in the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Tonight just proved that.

A Winger he is not, he cant even put good crosses in from open play. But space in the centre of the park and he looks so much more interested. Interesting dilemna for PC now.

Alot of folk at the stadium are a joke towards the team, i never really noticed so much when i was a kid with a season ticket,but i was always puzzled as to why people wanted Darryll Powell to do the stuff  his job allowed other players to do. ut i was a kid, so i dint know  anything. But when work takes you elsewhere and you visit a few other stadiums across britain and europe, you finally see that,(nd i include myself in this to some extent, fellow rams), we are abit neurotic when i comes to our beloved club, like an over bearing husband or something. especially before the south stand got a voice. sat there squashed into that plastic chair, furious at these over paid slackers before you. EFFING GET IN TO THEM! AWWWW YOU USELESS *************!

So many players have been given **** over the years, its unbelievable. it's embarrassing. regardless of results, this group of players particularly have only ever really shown commitment and professionalism towards their employers and dare I say it..us... their adopted family, US. They have done for the last 3-4 years now, almost everybody at the club has. wow, we've really  seen some crap over the years. so much..... BUT! if you can't get behind this current  group, even after an abject performance, or you can't get it up. i'm afraid your watching football for all the wrong reasons.And your sense of entitlement is not only baseless, it also goes to show you know f**k all about football.

UP THE RAMS

Saying that, doubt it will change. 

If I was able to get to the matches, any player in a Derby shirt would get my full support,

certainly during the 90 minutes. I can't remember any match (recently) where a performance

would warrant verbal abuse at individual players while we are still trying to win the game.

Ramage mentioned on the radio recently that Rams fans have a reputation for being hard to please and compared that to Watford where players are not berated for every wayward pass. Like him or not the message is there - we are a toxic lot. 

I don't think it makes us look more knowledgeable just more idiotic. You really don't have a right to see sparkling football, wins and amazing individual performances just because you're one of 30k faithfuls. It just don't work like that. Yes we've seen some crap over the years but even that don't increase your right to success. 

If you support vocally etc during poor spells you're called a 'blind faither' and if you are chuffed by a good win you still have to listen to the moaners who think it's somehow more intelligent or more cool to be underwhelmed. 

That said, I could slap Darren Bent for being offside sometimes :) 

Hope you're joking about Bent why people moan about him being offside drives me mad. He actually wasn't offside for the flick over the defense from Hendrick. It's the way he plays no point of playing him if he can't use his pace as believe it or not he's actually quite quick still.

Bent gets a lot of criticism for being offside, but it's not always his fault. If trying to beat the offside trap he has to time his runs and surely it's partly the responsibility of the passer to release him before he's offside?

Archived