Fans criticism of players

jimbobram

In the space of 4 days we have seen 2 of our players almost giving the crowd stick back after scoring. Do we really come to support the team or do we come to give players stick. Arguably 2 of our best players on their day, showing their frustration at abuse from their own supporters. Im so glad Ince got his goals, hopefully he keeps it going otherwise dave from row E will be calling him a **** daddys boy for 90 minutes

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

In the space of 4 days we have seen 2 of our players almost giving the crowd stick back after scoring. Do we really come to support the team or do we come to give players stick. Arguably 2 of our best players on their day, showing their frustration at abuse from their own supporters. Im so glad Ince got his goals, hopefully he keeps it going otherwise dave from row E will be calling him a **** daddys boy for 90 minutes

Do you actually know this is true? Haven't seen Ince but Martin on Saturday just looked like he was reacting to the situation.

Do you know they were "showing their frustration at abuse from their own supporters"? If so, show me some proof because I don't believe you. 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

If Ince thinks he has proved anyone wrong on the back of one half decent display then he is wrong.

He will be in the position to give his doubters some stick when he puts 5 or 6 consecutive performances together.

Well he's been our best attacking player 2 games in a row, and was for basically half a season last year. 

Just now, Srg said:

Well he's been our best attacking player 2 games in a row, and was for basically half a season last year. 

Last season is irrelevant, he was part of a team that collectively fell to pieces.

Don't remember him doing anything on Saturday, thought he played well tonight but a reaction like that should be reserved for when he is performing on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Last season is irrelevant, he was part of a team that collectively fell to pieces.

Don't remember him doing anything on Saturday, thought he played well tonight but a reaction like that should be reserved for when he is performing on a regular basis. 

He was our only consistent threat on Saturday. If you don't recall that then I'm not entirely sure what game you were watching. 

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Today was the first time since the last 20 minutes v MK Dons away that Ince has been played in what he and many others consider to be his best position. He was a revelation. Such a shame that so many half-match fans didn't think that it was worth staying behind to applaud him off the pitch.

After Bents late free kick attempt,  some **** in the east stand shouts 'That's why your sat on the bench every week, cos you're ****'.

The mind boggles why some people bother going to matches if what they see is so unsatisfactory. 

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

After Bents late free kick attempt,  some **** in the east stand shouts 'That's why your sat on the bench every week, cos you're ****'.

The mind boggles why some people bother going to matches if what they see is so unsatisfactory. 

I had a silent protest after that big dollop of Baird poo landed on the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

Today was the first time since the last 20 minutes v MK Dons away that Ince has been played in what he and many others consider to be his best position. He was a revelation. Such a shame that so many half-match fans didn't think that it was worth staying behind to applaud him off the pitch.

He played well, would hardly call it a revelation. Without his goals, which a decent goalie would have saved,  would you say he was anything out of the ordinary.

Me personally, I stay behind to applaud, win, lose or draw. 

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

This is exactly what i am talking about. where is the need for it. Stuff like that should be from opposition fans not ours. 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

He played well, would hardly call it a revelation. Without his goals, which a decent goalie would have saved,  would you say he was anything out of the ordinary.

Me personally, I stay behind to applaud, win, lose or draw. 

Oh my goodness. 

Whats wrong with giving the lad some support he was brilliant tonight. 

25 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Do you actually know this is true? Haven't seen Ince but Martin on Saturday just looked like he was reacting to the situation.

Do you know they were "showing their frustration at abuse from their own supporters"? If so, show me some proof because I don't believe you. 

Of Course there is no proof. But when you hear the crap that comes out of peoples mouths every 2 minutes aimed at these players, you put 2 and 2 together. If you saw the celebration, you's know what i am on about. what else would running up to your own support like he did mean? And fair play to him. 

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Obviously,  he shouted it in a grammatically more pleasing way than mixing up your and you're! 

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I said 'because'. I never shorten it to 'cos'

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Oh my goodness. 

Whats wrong with giving the lad some support he was brilliant tonight. 

Gave him support at the ground where he needs it.

His play to create the space for his goal was excellent, other than that I cannot think of anything out of the ordinary.

Archived