Fans criticism of players

jimbobram

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think the crowd have been really supportive of late.

There have been lapses in games where previously the crowd would have become a little restless - last night at 0-0 was one - but instead of that the South Stand started a chant and the whole ground joined in. 

People who don't go to games, or don't go regularly, must read what's on here and think we do nothing but moan. That's not the case. A little balance in the argument is needed. 

2 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Hope you're joking about Bent why people moan about him being offside drives me mad. He actually wasn't offside for the flick over the defense from Hendrick. It's the way he plays no point of playing him if he can't use his pace as believe it or not he's actually quite quick still.

Although he never scored, he creates space for the rest of our players by drawing their defenders towards him by making intelligent runs. This showed Ince's second goal. I think its great that we don't have to be so reliant on Martin because like yesterday, we can create chances without him. With a decent run in the side Bent will be firing but he is still second fiddle to Martin

50 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I actually think the crowd have been really supportive of late.

There have been lapses in games where previously the crowd would have become a little restless - last night at 0-0 was one - but instead of that the South Stand started a chant and the whole ground joined in. 

People who don't go to games, or don't go regularly, must read what's on here and think we do nothing but moan. That's not the case. A little balance in the argument is needed. 

I'm convinced Dale Cavese gets goals. When that goes around for a while, we seem to end up scoring, last night was no exception with one if Ince's coming after that chant had been going on for 10 minutes or so.

My only gripe last night regarding the team was about not leaving at least one player on the halfway line when defending corners or freekicks and it is something that we have done most of the season. Leave one player up and they have to keep two back, keep two up and they have leave 3 and there is a good chance that the ball will not just come straight back when we clear it.

6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

My only gripe last night regarding the team was about not leaving at least one player on the halfway line when defending corners or freekicks and it is something that we have done most of the season. Leave one player up and they have to keep two back, keep two up and they have leave 3 and there is a good chance that the ball will not just come straight back when we clear it.

Clement propably sees the other side of the coin. These good set-piece teams like Bristol doesn't like it when penalty box is crowded with players. Less room for their best headers etc.

I personally do like it too, eventhough focus is very much in defence.

Bournemouth keep 3 up for corners I remember we did this once upon a time. I see the logic though last night as they had 2 really tall players. One of them did my nutt in always front post headed everything away as soon as we played it on the ground we scored a few (Albeit Russell's goal). 

It wasn't just last night, we bring every man back for every corner, just like we used to do under Cox.

Understandable perhaps when playing a team of giants, but Bristol must've been one of the smallest teams we've played, a couple of average height defenders, the rest looked like an under 14's in comparison!

Like @ossieram says, for every forward we leave up they'll leave 1.5 men back, so can't see the harm leaving at least 2 up.

Archived