Derby County v Brighton

Day

I think we started well and battered

Them for about first half did not give them move to breath but we concead silly early goal of which we should have done better. But bradly johnson did well to finnish that header to bring us level at 1-1 but then we concead a silly goal to fall 2-1 in the 2nd from messing around at the back instead of clearing our lines. We let them settle and let them play there game but I have to say we hung in there and waited that one last chance for

The pently in the end came by russle of which he ran in the box and then brighton player brings him down to give chris martin his 10th of the season of which he took really well to earn us a point but should have been all 3 points to derby.

Brighton did not impress me at all and they will not stay there. And sooner they lose they will come down with a bump back to earth.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we should play a 4-2-3-1 and have Johnson and Thorne holding with Butterfield in the attacking midfield role. We saw how easily Brighton would cut through our midfield with Thorne isolated and man marked. but when we did try to attack we played far to deep without anyone knowing who to get the ball to. 

16 hours ago, cunningplan said:

Albion supporter here....

If support is key to promotion this season, I reckon we'll both go up!

Both teams played well and respect to the Rams team and supporters, apart from the neanderthals booing a 21 year old Albion player being stretchered off the pitch.

Yes, that was bloody awful. Normally our less cerebral fans reserve that sort of abuse for our own players.

15 hours ago, unclej said:

Not quite sure why Martin chose to yell F OFF at us in the SS after putting away the peno. He had a very ordinary game, with balls bouncing off him rather than him controlling anything and laying them off neatly.  There was exasperation shown by the crowd by your performance Chris, but we all know you can turn up and score for us.  I get you were under pressure and scoring was a relief but but we've never had this type of abuse, well not since Keogh last season anyway.

I hope that's a statement made in jest.

Some people in the crowd think that it's ok to dish it out to players as though they are yelling at the television, but clearly it can affect some players - and if they get a bit snarky at times, who can blame them?

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

Some people in the crowd think that it's ok to dish it out to players as though they are yelling at the television, but clearly it can affect some players - and if they get a bit snarky at times, who can blame them?

Think he was just letting off steam after a bit of a drought from his usually high standard... Relief more than anything.

Love the arrogance of the man to put penalty in same place he nearly always does... Best penalty I've seen him take

Watching the match on a stream (shh!), the camera did a close up of Martin's face whilst waiting to take the penalty. Several seconds before he took it, he gave a definite sly glance towards the bottom left corner, before putting on a dead pan straight-ahead stare..

I thought 'if the goalie saw that, he'll know where it's going'. I was convinced he'd miss. But no, put away exactly where he'd glanced. Could be coincidence, could be a give-away in the future.

36 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yes, that was bloody awful. Normally our less cerebral fans reserve that sort of abuse for our own players.

Yea booing wasn't good. Someone should start a thread on this, ask a few Brighton fans their views. Might make for an interesting discussion

3 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Yea booing wasn't good. Someone should start a thread on this, ask a few Brighton fans their views. Might make for an interesting discussion

Hope this is sarcastic... it's been discussed ad nauseam.

31 minutes ago, eddie said:

I dont care what you think. 

Wasn't at the game,nor was I able to catch Radio Derby so I can't

say anything about the game as a whole.Did catch the highlights and

used rewind and pause to have a good look at the crucial moments.Their

1st goal was preventable,because the crosser of the ball was totally unmarked

and was given time to hit the ball over.

The Dunk handball imo was a penalty.As the ball hit him he turned his body and

left his hands out,like a goalie.In fact he nearly caught the ball.

Their second goal was a shambles.3 of our midfield against 2 of theirs,and we

left it to each other,and they came away with the ball,gave it to the goalscorer

who was in the area totally unmarked,yet we had men back.

our penalty was given because their defender caught Russell late with a nasty

tackle,definite penalty.

1 hour ago, unclej said:

You are, you are capable of thought. Well done.

At the end of the day though, what I think of the attitude that some of our fans take towards certain players doesn't matter. However, what the players themselves think might well do - and there's a reason why we are encouraged to get behind the players - it does help. Still, some fans have the attitude that they pay their wages, and therefore they are entitled to boo them AND entitled to take umbrage when the players occasionally snap back at them.

Derby County are concerned to hear about allegations of racial abuse by a supporter directed at a Brighton & Hove Albion player during Saturday's game at the iPro Stadium.

We take these matters seriously and will be referring the allegations to the Police. 

Abuse of any kind has no place in the culture of Derby County Football Club.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-club-statement-2849398.aspx#J9MDZpeA8rdMlPwy.99

Life ban please. No place for any kind of -isms in football.

Archived