Michu

BottrillRAM

He has left Swansea by 'Mutual Consent' and I think he would be the perfect option to be back up to Martin, and would now be relatively cheap as we would only beed to pay the wages! 

http://talksport.com/football/swansea-news-striker-michu-leaves-club-mutual-consent-151109173700

Just now, BottrillRAM said:

He has left Swansea by 'Mutual Consent' and I think he would be the perfect option to be back up to Martin, and would now be relatively cheap as we would only beed to pay the wages! 

http://talksport.com/football/swansea-news-striker-michu-leaves-club-mutual-consent-151109173700

*need, I really should proof read these things! 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked amazing a while ago and available so far so good. But on the negative side....he's not done much recently, not  sure he'd be willing to be 3rd choice ..or that he is the right kind of player..not blessed with pace or young, hungry enough to fit the bill? He's Darren Bent mk2 for me...

Just now, Chester40 said:

Looked amazing a while ago and available so far so good. But on the negative side....he's not done much recently, not  sure he'd be willing to be 3rd choice ..or that he is the right kind of player..not blessed with pace or young, hungry enough to fit the bill? He's Darren Bent mk2 for me...

Yeah I agree with that but 29 is not too bad, he's got a few years still in him! I think we would be silly not to consider it 

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

would he fancy being behind, Chrissy Martin, Darren Bent and Charlie Austin :whistle:

Interesting ! .. If he has still got what he had a couple of seasons back and he wants to come here. Classy player. .. But yeah the Darren Bent Mark 2 point is well taken. I think on the striking front we have intelligent players but are missing the sort of striker who is a handful because of his pace and ball skills. Martin is so so clever and Bents positional play and finishing is top drawer but have we got a striker that scares the Bolox off defenders in those other areas of pace and trickery. .?

19 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

He's nothing like Darren Bent. He is very much a Christ Martin style of player. If he is fit/uninjured I would sign him like a shot.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

He's nothing like Darren Bent. He is very much a Christ Martin style of player. If he is fit/uninjured I would sign him like a shot.

Yep, I didn't mean in playing style as he's not really a Bent style poacher.I meant in the way he is towards the end of his career, hasn't pulled up a lot of trees recently, and so is he really that keen on dropping to the championship to start proving himself again. Not dismissing it totally, the player of a few years back would be awesome, just feel he could sit on the bench picking up big wages and not getting any game time...and then not really being an impact type player when he came on.

If I recall correctly there are huge, unresolved issues regarding his fitness. He's barely played any football for the last two years and it's unclear if he's fully recovered from the injury that scuppered his Napoli move.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Converted attacking midfielder. plays back to goal, links play, scores headers.

More skilful, but not as strong.

Jesus H Chris.

Good grief. Converted attacking midfielder?

Ive just read wiki, and it just said you're wrong.

Archived