Moan about the missus

Day

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ossieram said:

So he's going to hate you aswell!

Already planned a life threatening illness for Thursday meaning I have to stay in bed and she will have to take him, when he returns I will have made a miraculous recovery and ask where the hell has he been. 

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

Already planned a life threatening illness for Thursday meaning I have to stay in bed and she will have to take him, when he returns I will have made a miraculous recovery and ask where the hell has he been. 

Just make sure you finish the washing up before she gets back. 

Mine has a good moan from time to time. She has some strange ideas about what tasks I should do around the house. She doesn't even understand football. The last football match she watched was the 1990 world cup semi final and whenever she sees gazza she always mentions him crying. The only other people in football she knows are Gary Lineker, Nigel Clough and Billy Davies. The latter only because a woman in the local looked like him. 

Sounds like the sort of ruck me and the missus used to have 15 years ago. Two kids, three houses, a few disasters and triumphs later and they're fewer and further apart. 

We've both learned to count to 10 before we kick off. I could stab her in the eye sometimes for not tidying up after she makes a sandwich, she has a problem with me about something, blah, I forget. Who makes a sandwich and leaves butter, bread, ham, crumbs, chopping board and bloody everything out on the sideboard and just leaves it for hours? Eh? Eh? Animals that's who.

You can play hardball and always fight, or you can give and take and find an alternative release for the stress (football helps). It's got to be both parties giving a bit though or the relationship is doomed.

When my mrs is on one I just leave her to it, she will rant and rave for as long as she needs to, then realise she was in the wrong and apologise. She would look for an argument but I never respond, it winds her up more but calms her down quicker.

Although you do need to be chilled out and be able to keep your cool no matter what she says and patience of a saint :lol:

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

When my mrs is on one I just leave her to it, she will rant and rave for as long as she needs to, then realise she was in the wrong and apologise. She would look for an argument but I never respond, it winds her up more but calms her down quicker.

Although you do need to be chilled out and be able to keep your cool no matter what she says and patience of a saint :lol:

You've found the first woman in history to apologise, keep hold of her!

Best I get is a grudging offer to make a coffee, or if she's been really naughty she'll offer to buy me something completely OTT, but an apology, never!

3 hours ago, ValeRam said:

Cant believe how lucky you are

I would hardly be out of the snooker hall if my missus was like that - playing not watching. There used to be a great place on Babbington lane up some dodgy stairway, straight out of the movies.

You've just got a temporary case of "the grass is always greener"

But surely there's no need to refer to her in such derogatory terms when describing your January week away

My advice is invest in a dishwasher - Miehle is my recommendation

Rileys....... I was up there 18hrs a day 1979-1986

Archived