Moan about the missus

David

We all come on here to avoid spending time with the missus, thought we could have a thread where we moan about the missus that we're on here avoiding. Hopefully one day they may stumble on this thread whilst checking our browser histories for and realise the error of their ways. We can share our stories and pick up tips on how to deal with the problem missus.

To start things off I will go into a mini moan about my missus.

I work from home, the missus translates this to I'm sat around the house all day doing nothing. Since we moved in together I have made her dinner for when she get's home from work, the pots washed, hoovered, washed the clothes. All whilst trying to work as well.

Whilst she was on holiday, I did the usual chores, plus put all her clothes away in the wardrobe, mowed the lawns front and back, cleaned the fridge out and bin.

On her return from Florida I got a taxi to the train station and took her out for dinner, lumping her suitcases the airport staff had stuck heavy stickers on. When we got home I made us a homemade lasagne, the following night a full on roast dinner for when she got home from work and continued with my awesomeness around the house for her.

Perfect boyfriend right? not only am I intelligent, good looking, fully domesticated but a great chef.

On Saturday night I wasn't in the mood to cook, so without saying anything jumped on Just Eat ordered fish chips and peas for us both. Then the moaning starts.

I ask her to get changed, why? I'm taking you out to the pub. Don't want to, fair enough. 

She asked to use my MacBook to do the shopping, not wanting her to go through it as I've been looking at Christmas presents, sent a few emails out about things which I was expecting replies from, my email notifications popup on the screen.

Fine whatever, drops on the sofa in Kevin style with a huge sigh. I show her the Asda app, do the shopping on your phone, no. Why? don't want to. I'm talking arms folded, face like a baboons arse.

Can't be arsed with this, go upstairs out the way and watch the football and end up falling asleep up there.

Sunday morning she gets up, leaves the house for work without saying a word. Looks like I'm in the doghouse. 

I go out to the pub with a mate, I left one plate on the side, one. When I get in, she moans I only went out to wind her up. That's right, I went for a drink with a mate to wind up up, ok I was a bit drunk, ignored it and went to bed.

In the morning, she was snappy again, out of nowhere launches into a rant about me not doing anything around the house, I'm lazy, asked if she was joking, went into a full rant what I do for her and she lays into me for not washing the pots 3 times. 3 times! I've been here 2 months and in that space of time I haven't washed them in 3 ******* times and that makes me lazy.

The worst of it is, twice was after the lasagne I made and the roast dinner, the 3rd time was one plate on Sunday. The problem was she was jet lagged and shouldn't be doing any housework as she's tired. Oh **** off tired, you were 4 hours behind that's all, now you can't wash a few pots twice!

I tried to explain that I was supposed to be her boyfriend, not her housemaid, go and ask your mates and see how I compare domestically. Obviously she won't, and keeps ranting how I'm i the house all day, she shouldn't have to do anything. Her mates boyfriends work which is why they do nothing, who pays for the Sky TV you watch your crap on, who pays for the Internet that powers your Facebook videos, who pays half the bills? You think I have a money tree outside do you?

Barely speaking still because of this 3 lapses of washing the pots, just found out she's on her period which explains it. No excuse tho, tampon or no tampon. 

tl;dr - my missus is a moaning cow

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Daveo said:

We all come on here to avoid spending time with the missus, thought we could have a thread where we moan about the missus that we're on here avoiding. Hopefully one day they may stumble on this thread whilst checking our browser histories for and realise the error of their ways. We can share our stories and pick up tips on how to deal with the problem missus.

Do you really think that would the effect? I'm can tell you with some certainty that it wouldn't :lol:

I got chucked on Thursday so I don't need a thread like this. I'm feeling the relief of no longer having those kinds of problems wash over me like a a calm ocean wave. Either that or I'm drowning. There's a watery metaphor for it, I know there is.

I could have gone on for ages though if this thread had been here before. Not sure I would have done because she'd have found it without a shadow of a doubt. You don't fear your missus enough Daveo, you should be filled with an equal amount of that kind of horror.

I have arguments like that all the time. The opposite thoe I go to work I come home nothings been cleaned. I pull her up on it after say 6 months of the bedroom or bathroom not being cleaned..

Her response is basically she's my girlfriend and not a slave and ironing is boring and only does the odd one when she feels like it as it hurts her back.. I was literally raging the amount of tidying being done daily is next to none think she's too used to her parents doing everything.

6 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

You came to 'the pub' thread to moan about your missus.

When you're too lazy to go to the brick and mortar pub to moan..

Feeling a bit rough from last night in the pub, leave me alone

6 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

my missus came back with a radical hairdo today, "oh that's lovely babe, how much did that cost, oh only £140" you fecking taking the piss or what ? how do you justify £140 for cutting hair, do you need a masters in hair technology or something?

Fairs fair, she probably had it washed as well

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

To start things off I will go into a mini moan about my missus.

I work from home, the missus translates this to I'm sat around the house all day doing nothing. Since we moved in together I have made her dinner for when she get's home from work, the pots washed, hoovered, washed the clothes. All whilst trying to work as well.

Whilst she was on holiday, I did the usual chores, plus put all her clothes away in the wardrobe, mowed the lawns front and back, cleaned the fridge out and bin.

On her return from Florida I got a taxi to the train station and took her out for dinner, lumping her suitcases the airport staff had stuck heavy stickers on. When we got home I made us a homemade lasagne, the following night a full on roast dinner for when she got home from work and continued with my awesomeness around the house for her.

Perfect boyfriend right? not only am I intelligent, good looking, fully domesticated but a great chef.

On Saturday night I wasn't in the mood to cook, so without saying anything jumped on Just Eat ordered fish chips and peas for us both. Then the moaning starts.

I ask her to get changed, why? I'm taking you out to the pub. Don't want to, fair enough. 

She asked to use my MacBook to do the shopping, not wanting her to go through it as I've been looking at Christmas presents, sent a few emails out about things which I was expecting replies from, my email notifications popup on the screen.

Fine whatever, drops on the sofa in Kevin style with a huge sigh. I show her the Asda app, do the shopping on your phone, no. Why? don't want to. I'm talking arms folded, face like a baboons arse.

Can't be arsed with this, go upstairs out the way and watch the football and end up falling asleep up there.

Sunday morning she gets up, leaves the house for work without saying a word. Looks like I'm in the doghouse. 

I go out to the pub with a mate, I left one plate on the side, one. When I get in, she moans I only went out to wind her up. That's right, I went for a drink with a mate to wind up up, ok I was a bit drunk, ignored it and went to bed.

In the morning, she was snappy again, out of nowhere launches into a rant about me not doing anything around the house, I'm lazy, asked if she was joking, went into a full rant what I do for her and she lays into me for not washing the pots 3 times. 3 times! I've been here 2 months and in that space of time I haven't washed them in 3 ******* times and that makes me lazy.

The worst of it is, twice was after the lasagne I made and the roast dinner, the 3rd time was one plate on Sunday. The problem was she was jet lagged and shouldn't be doing any housework as she's tired. Oh **** off tired, you were 4 hours behind that's all, now you can't wash a few pots twice!

I tried to explain that I was supposed to be her boyfriend, not her housemaid, go and ask your mates and see how I compare domestically. Obviously she won't, and keeps ranting how I'm i the house all day, she shouldn't have to do anything. Her mates boyfriends work which is why they do nothing, who pays for the Sky TV you watch your crap on, who pays for the Internet that powers your Facebook videos, who pays half the bills? You think I have a money tree outside do you?

Barely speaking still because of this 3 lapses of washing the pots, just found out she's on her period which explains it. No excuse tho, tampon or no tampon. 

tl;dr - my missus is a moaning cow

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

image.jpg

Just now, ValeRam said:

Have you tried doing something  together other than eating ?

She's always wanted to go to the snooker, I've never been bothered, would have to wear me glasses to see owt and I hate wearing them. Anyhow, bought her tickets and booked a hotel to stay over in York this month as a surprise, she knows now as had to make sure she wouldn't be at work.

Booked us a posh shed with a hot tub in the Peak District, week away in January with the dog.

Like I say, I'm pretty much perfect, unless I don't get time to wash the pots 3 times in 2 months.

Cant believe how lucky you are

I would hardly be out of the snooker hall if my missus was like that - playing not watching. There used to be a great place on Babbington lane up some dodgy stairway, straight out of the movies.

You've just got a temporary case of "the grass is always greener"

But surely there's no need to refer to her in such derogatory terms when describing your January week away

My advice is invest in a dishwasher - Miehle is my recommendation

I'd suggest you have some communication and realignment problems.

Ask her to have a day off and watch you ... ahem... "working" all day, it's the only way she'll appreciate.

I always think it's shady ground when you move in WITH someone, it will always be their place, you need to get a place together, that way, there can be no "it's my place" bpllocks!

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'd suggest you have some communication and realignment problems.

Ask her to have a day off and watch you ... ahem... "working" all day, it's the only way she'll appreciate.

I always think it's shady ground when you move in WITH someone, it will always be their place, you need to get a place together, that way, there can be no "it's my place" bpllocks!

Exactly this. 

57 minutes ago, Daveo said:

She's always wanted to go to the snooker, I've never been bothered, would have to wear me glasses to see owt and I hate wearing them. Anyhow, bought her tickets and booked a hotel to stay over in York this month as a surprise, she knows now as had to make sure she wouldn't be at work.

Booked us a posh shed with a hot tub in the Peak District, week away in January with the dog.

Like I say, I'm pretty much perfect, unless I don't get time to wash the pots 3 times in 2 months.

Vale ram touched on it , is Jax coming with you ?

Archived