Are we really that bad?

RamLad1884

Listening to one of the Huddersfield radio stations yesterday and the guy talking spoke about how derby away fans are some of the worst in the league for causing trouble. Had two drunk lads kicked out behind me yesterday for separate incidents, anyone else had any trouble at away games this year?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to one of the Huddersfield radio stations yesterday and the guy talking spoke about how derby away fans are some of the worst in the league for causing trouble. Had two drunk lads kicked out behind me yesterday for separate incidents, anyone else had any trouble at away games this year?

Yep. At Brum. Again, alcohol was involved.

When I was walking away from the game yesterday, I overheard a Huddersfield fan say: ''it's nice that's there's not a bad atmosphere between the two sets of fans'', regarding the fact that the two sets of fans weren't separated when leaving the ground.

So if a completely random set of Hudds fans thought we were okay, possibly not a fair reflection of our fans?

You're bound to get a few that get carried away when there are thousands there. We went to the Cherrytree for breakfast yesterday and some Derby fans were already knocking the Jaegerbombs down them and it was the same in the Swan hotel when we went to MK. Met a few old DLF lads in the Aspley as well who were celebrating one lads 50th even though it was a couple of weeks back, mind you he did say he had been celebrating for a month.

You're bound to get a few that get carried away when there are thousands there. We went to the Cherrytree for breakfast yesterday and some Derby fans were already knocking the Jaegerbombs down them and it was the same in the Swan hotel when we went to MK. Met a few old DLF lads in the Aspley as well who were celebrating one lads 50th even though it was a couple of weeks back, mind you he did say he had been celebrating for a month.

The Memsahib and I were in the Aspley yesterday (sitting outside on the balcony actually). You should have come over and said hello.

I went to The Sportsman, nice pint and then directed by "those who must be obeyed" to a pub with the Derby fans in it, cannot remember the name,it was like Dante's inferno in there a man,with a bald head about 50 stood at the bar with tattoos around is neck and one on the top. I managed to get a pint and quickly get outside.

I must say when we were in the ground the atmosphere was brilliant, and no trouble inside or out. However some fans have that much to drink I wonder how much of the match they take in. ??    

Went to the Blackburn match last week for the first away game in years so perhaps a useful 'outsiders' view of the Rams away day following. I was a actually  amazed at how normal and decent the vast vast majority were - salt of the earth as it were. And a great mix of oldsters, women, youngsters etc etc. Of course there were a few showing the signs of over-dependancy on alcohol but only to be expected and they tended to stick to their own and not bother other rams fans. Only things I was surprised about was :

1 Couldn't believe that some fans felt it appropriate to put huge banners over other fans seats forcing them to look for a seat elsewhere 

2 As usual I was sat in front of the loudest, most foul-mouthed, unfunny, football-technically the most incompetent supporter I have had the misfortune to share space with. Sorry to be naive but I did find it strange that there are still people who shout obscenities at all and sundry at the top of their voice for 90 minutes, no doubt fortified by booze and being in the centre of a large crowd.

The Memsahib and I were in the Aspley yesterday (sitting outside on the balcony actually). You should have come over and said hello.

If I'd have seen you and recognised you from your description I would have done but I didn't go outside. I was in quite early and had a chat with the the radio Derby team who had been there for pre-match grub and then stood at the bar until around 2:30 with my cousin and her fella. The Blacksheep went down a treat.

I went to The Sportsman, nice pint and then directed by "those who must be obeyed" to a pub with the Derby fans in it, cannot remember the name,it was like Dante's inferno in there a man,with a bald head about 50 stood at the bar with tattoos around is neck and one on the top. I managed to get a pint and quickly get outside.

I must say when we were in the ground the atmosphere was brilliant, and no trouble inside or out. However some fans have that much to drink I wonder how much of the match they take in. ??    

i was in the sportsman knocking back some target practice.

Unless we put mug shots of each other how are we going torecognise each other I wonder ? 

I sit with some old friends in the stands but tend to be a loner when going to and from the Ipro .. other than Chesterfield once and Wembley year Before last haven't done any away games ... Hummm think I need a pass out from she who must be obeyed ? .. It would be great to meet some of the amusing like minds I have "met" on here 

Went to the Blackburn match last week for the first away game in years so perhaps a useful 'outsiders' view of the Rams away day following. I was a actually  amazed at how normal and decent the vast vast majority were - salt of the earth as it were. And a great mix of oldsters, women, youngsters etc etc. Of course there were a few showing the signs of over-dependancy on alcohol but only to be expected and they tended to stick to their own and not bother other rams fans. Only things I was surprised about was :

1 Couldn't believe that some fans felt it appropriate to put huge banners over other fans seats forcing them to look for a seat elsewhere 

2 As usual I was sat in front of the loudest, most foul-mouthed, unfunny, football-technically the most incompetent supporter I have had the misfortune to share space with. Sorry to be naive but I did find it strange that there are still people who shout obscenities at all and sundry at the top of their voice for 90 minutes, no doubt fortified by booze and being in the centre of a large crowd.

Blackburn wasn't the norm, the lack of trains home and the crap journey up the M6 put most people in a subdued mood.

i noticed it as soon as we walked into the concourse.

1. The stewards were telling everyone to sit where they wanted to.

2. There are a lot of those, we've been lucky so far this season, but it's only a matter of time before we cop for one.

Unless we put mug shots of each other how are we going torecognise each other I wonder ? 

If only there could be something that could mark out forum members. I wonder if Daveo has thought of selling some sort of merchandise, such as a branded shirt?

Archived