Form

Bris Vegas

Without really noticing, that's now six wins in eight matches, or 20 points from 8 games.

Two home games coming up, a real chance to push towards automatic promotion form.

Also, I know it's a big IF, but IF we avoid defeat in our next three games, it will be our longest unbeaten league run since we last won automatic promotion from the second tier under Jim Smith.

Some 19 years ago...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the next 3 games coming in a the space of a week, which of the following scenarios would you prefer:-

a) beat Rotherham and QPR but lose to Forest - 6pts

b) beat Rotherham and draw against QPR and Forest - 5pts (keeping unbeaten run going)

c) lose to Rotherham, draw with QPR beat Forest - 4 pts (Bragging rights)

Also, which of these would Clement prefer (i.e more points, unbeaten run or first win against local rivals)?

I'd prefer more points.

Aren't posts like this rather pointless? We want to win the league - every game is a winnable game. Asking fans to choose an option which all include dropping points is ...... Well pointless.

How about winning them all,and going into the next international break on a high,we are capable of this,but 7 points would also be very good ,at the moment though I feel we can beat anyone in this division,it's all about ourselves,which is a great place to be,looking forward to these next 3 games, as I am sure everyone connected with Derby are,onwards and upwards,great time to be a Rams fan.

With the next 3 games coming in a the space of a week, which of the following scenarios would you prefer:-

a) beat Rotherham and QPR but lose to Forest - 6pts

b) beat Rotherham and draw against QPR and Forest - 5pts (keeping unbeaten run going)

c) lose to Rotherham, draw with QPR beat Forest - 4 pts (Bragging rights)

Also, which of these would Clement prefer (i.e more points, unbeaten run or first win against local rivals)?

I'd prefer more points.

9 point please.

I am sure Clement hasn't considered any of your options.

Without really noticing, that's now six wins in eight matches, or 20 points from 8 games.

Two home games coming up, a real chance to push towards automatic promotion form.

Also, I know it's a big IF, but IF we avoid defeat in our next three games, it will be our longest unbeaten league run since we last won automatic promotion from the second tier under Jim Smith.

Some 19 years ago...

thats done it.

7 points would be a fantastic haul from these 3 games. I actually dont really care that much that its forest, it really is just another game. My gut feeling though is,  beat rotherham, draw qpr, beat forest.

Although in fairness this time last season i expected a couple of good results coming up, and look what happened then, two defeats to wigan at home and brentford away.

9 points would be a dream for me but I'd still be very happy with 7. 

I'd like us to win our two home games simply because I think we are a  better team than both Rotherham and QPR.

Forest ? People were happy with the point up at Blackburn so another at a ground with a partisan crowd and players more up for it than Blackburn's were would be a better point in my opinion.

I'd rather have 9 points, but out of the options you gave I'd take the 6 points. Who cares if we lose to Forest? Hopefully we will be in a different league to them next season anyway, then who will have the bragging rights?

Erm, I care. A lot. I'd take option B if I had to choose from those 3. Without a doubt.

Some 19 years ago...

20 points from 8 games is 2.4 points per game, that is very much automatic promotion form. The key is getting into the automatic promotion places. 

Scary thing is, I'm very happy with the form and the results, but there are still four teams above us! 

Did those teams only pick up 4 points from the first 5 games?

Archived