Best of UK 90 Brit rock

Gypsy Ram

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will never be a better time for great great music. 

Whatever you think about Oasis, and I am pretty indifferent about the , they totally "got" the culture of that time and rode the wave to enormous success.

I can't work out how to insert you tube.... Hmmm but

not English but they might be giants birdhouse in your soul still a great track. 

Seen all these In Derby at great venues like the Bell, The Dial and The Warehouse and one near buck in the park that I don't recall the name of...?Jesus jones....EMF.... Shed Seven....Echobelly....Transvision Vamp....The Railway Children...Miltown Brothers....Ride....The wedding present....Cud....The Family Cat....Beautiful South....Snuff...Deacon Blue....Soup Dragons...Primal Scream....and a big hug for anyone else who can recall the moving jelly brothers...!

• 3 weeks later...

Ref: Shed Seven...once saw them at Rock City, awesome gig but before hand i was with the latest lady friend of mine and we saw the band in a bar, got talking to them, they were really nice....then the lead singer (is his name Rick?) handed my date a bit of paper that said "It was great meeting you tonight, your really nice, call me".... she was/is an English teacher and was gutted that she was hit on by bad grammar... classic...I was a bit miffed he thought it ok to hit on her whilst i was there but hey he was a rock star....after that i always thought they were knobs...

Other Brit Pop type bands.....I just received a bunch of vinyl i ordered including Aztec Camera, the Soup Dragons and New Order..

Ref: Shed Seven...once saw them at Rock City, awesome gig but before hand i was with the latest lady friend of mine and we saw the band in a bar, got talking to them, they were really nice....then the lead singer (is his name Rick?) handed my date a bit of paper that said "It was great meeting you tonight, your really nice, call me".... she was/is an English teacher and was gutted that she was hit on by bad grammar... classic...I was a bit miffed he thought it ok to hit on her whilst i was there but hey he was a rock star....after that i always thought they were knobs...

Other Brit Pop type bands.....I just received a bunch of vinyl i ordered including Aztec Camera, the Soup Dragons and New Order..

Feel bad for bringing them up now! How dare he.... haha

Archived