Loan Window Suggestions 2015/16

B4ev6is

Kyle Lafferty. I dont think he would cost to much on loan start off with from Norwich city until janurary with a opation to buy him. I would say about 2m to buy him. At the moment he is not getting game time. But the way he took those goals he could be pefect to link up with chris martin well or any of our strikers.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I though that he'd just left Norwich as one of those transfer deadline tweets claimed that he'd gone, but apparently he's still there. 

If we're looking for direct cover for Martin, then Lafferty is not a bad shout. He can play with his back to goal and carries some goal threat. Presumably he'd be reasonably cheap and wouldn't expect to just come in and be first choice. I'd say that this is on of B4s more sensible posts.

A few other striking options if we are looking to loan someone:

Ulloa - Very ambitious and highly unlikely but he's not started once this season for Leicester and Vardy, Kramaric and Okazaki are probably all ahead of him. And we're local so he wouldn't need to sort out a place to stay for a few months

Kermagont - Again, unlikely but he's only appeared once this season (off the bench) and that was before Bournemouth signed Murray

Hooper - Nearly signed for Sheff Wed on loan so he could still be available unless Norwich now need him after failing to sign a forward on deadline day

Michu - Didn't get his move and Monk has said he'll never play for Swansea again

Ulloa - Very ambitious and highly unlikely but he's not started once this season for Leicester and Vardy, Kramaric and Okazaki are probably all ahead of him. And we're local so he wouldn't need to sort out a place to stay for a few months

Kermagont - Again, unlikely but he's only appeared once this season (off the bench) and that was before Bournemouth signed Murray

Hooper - Nearly signed for Sheff Wed on loan so he could still be available unless Norwich now need him after failing to sign a forward on deadline day

Michu - Didn't get his move and Monk has said he'll never play for Swansea again

Good post and all players I would happily welcome to the club. Sadly I don't think any would drop knowing they would be in competition with the best striker in the league and Darren Bent.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan. He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails."

The words of Palermo chairman Maurizo Zamparini on why Lafferty was sold after a successful season with the club in Serie B.

Good post and all players I would happily welcome to the club. Sadly I don't think any would drop knowing they would be in competition with the best striker in the league and Darren Bent.

Yep the only strikers I can see coming to us knowing the situation would be youngsters who won't even make the bench for their current clubs, Wilson, Henen, J. Sinclair, Iheanacho etc. And even then I'd imagine all the clubs would want their youngsters to play a guaranteed amount of minutes

Would love Michu but I imagine he's some way short of match fitness. 

Hooper is a goof footballer.

Sounds like a Sky Arts series waiting to happen.

I'm assuming that's why other clubs have avoided him.

He strikes me as being a player that needs space and he therefore relishes the lone striker role in which he can roam.

Good player but possibly not the right fit but who knows?

Would love Michu but I imagine he's some way short of match fitness. 

Hooper is a goof footballer.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Hooper myself, even more so if the story about him rejecting a move to Sheffield Wednesday because they wouldn't give him his own director's box is true. He's probably a player half the Championship are keeping an eye on now though

Signing a striker on loan makes no sense, when are you going to play them?

A winger would be ok.

I agree. I was just making suggestions for a striker if for some reason the club were to target one. I'm really hoping we still pursue Pritchard on the off chance Spurs decide it's best to loan him out

Archived